You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 9:41pm

Author: Kunk35

Backflow preventor and antisiphon valves

Good point Wetboots. I guess that is why it comes with 2 shutoff valves. I won't have to worry about it for a while, but I'll keep that in mind next winter.

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 6:59pm

Okay, I found a Febco #765 and got it installed. Wish I would have done this 5 years ago. That dude was expensive! Thanks for the posts. There is more to these sprinkler systems than I thought. I have some digging to do on one of my zones though. There is a major pipe break that is cutting the pressure so much the heads won't pop up. That zone will be turned off for a while until I can get it located.

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 3:06pm

5 years ago when we moved here, the sprinkler system wasn't working. The guy that inspected the house told me he thought the backflow device wasn't working and to replace with a new anti-siphon valve. Not knowing what I was doing, I bought one at Lowes. The problem is, the new ones have solenoids where my old brass one did not. I managed to get it working without hooking up the solenoid, but I'm pretty sure it isn't working like it is supposed to. Aside from that, I'm not 100% sure I am protecte...

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 2:24pm

Is a backflow preventor the same thing as an antisiphon valve?

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 7:41pm

Old system, need to upgrade

Actually, I just didn't know what I was talking about. Once I cracked open the case, I discovered it is electrical just like the newer ones. I am in process of uncovering all of the valves. The valve boxes have covered over with dirt over the years. Once I clean out the boxes, I'll know more if I need to bother with replacing or not. I'm beginning to agree that I may not have to bother. Just repair the sprinkler heads as needed. Is there a generic diagram of sprinkler systems with all the differ...

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 12:49pm

So , "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" applies here? Should I bother with changing out the valves? Kory

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 8:23am

I've got a very old 12 station Richdel controller for my sprinkler system that I need to upgrade. Really, I need to upgrade a lot more than just the controller. The system works as is, although I need to replace some very leaky sprinkler heads, which I've been working on over the years when one gets bad. Is there a sprinkler system 101 source where I can learn how this old system compares to the new systems? Searching the forum is a good tool, but I need some overall basic knowledge before much ...