You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 4:51am

Author: CaptainJackSparrow

Homemade Controller

Quoted from "scercpio" RedHead, CaptainSparrow, What motivated you to build your own, instead of buying an existing one? As I said, I just wanted to see if I could.

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 9:50pm

Homemade Controller

Quoted from "scercpio" Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy an Irrigation Caddy? I used an old surplus controller from where I work and I already had the software so, no, it wouldn't have been cheaper. These guys are right, no one would want to have a "sprinkler controller" like mine. It far to complicated for watering the lawn. I built mine just to see if I could, but I also made provisions for a quick change out if need be. My dad has two of the old Nelson EZ Pro Jr controllers. His grass is ju...

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 1:56pm

Modern controller?

You can always build your own, that way you can make it do whatever you like. That's what I did.

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 4:05pm

Homemade Controller

Now that's slick.

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 11:34am

Homemade Controller

The owner?!? I'm flattered.

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 9:10am

Homemade Controller

Quoted from "GatorGuy" Ok, I fully understand the pick ax. Used those for years. Reddhead and Captain...you are entering another dimension. "... a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination."(apologies to Rod Serling) Thanks, I think.

Monday, April 30th 2012, 8:45pm

Homemade Controller

Quoted from "wsommariva" Indeed impressive. Dig trenches by hand? I guess you could say that. I had both hands on the handles of a ditch witch.

Monday, April 30th 2012, 6:27am

Homemade Controller

Quoted from "grey" neat. Are those manifolds already installed? Where's the box? Yes, they're installed and working. Th little brass tags are stamped so I can tell which valve goes to which zone. I don't have the valve boxes yet. The complete manifold is almost four feet long, but each four valve half can be covered with one valve box. I used an NDS 113BC valve box on the four valve manifold on the other side of my house. I just need to get a couple. I've been looking at decorative rocks to cov...

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 9:19pm

Homemade Controller Pics

Quoted from "CaptainJackSparrow" I'll see if I can get a few. Maybe some screen shots too. This is the PLC that I use to control everything. It's hooked into my home's wireless network so I can use my laptop to work on the system outside. It's really handy. This is one of the manifolds. There's another four valve manifold on the other side of the house. This is the user interface for the irrigation system.

Friday, April 27th 2012, 9:26pm

Homemade Controller

I'll see if I can get a few. Maybe some screen shots too.

Friday, April 27th 2012, 7:41am

Homemade Controller

Hello all. I just installed an irrigation system in my yard about a month ago. 12 zones. Did it all myself. I learned alot from this website and bought almost every piece here too I might add. Anyway, I built my own controller using some surplus equipment where I work. I used an Allen Bradley PLC 5 and RSView software. I even have a touch screen that I'll install, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I've been working on it, off and on, for a little over 2 years. I could have bought a controlle...