You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 2:22pm

Author: ellesshoo

Filter before or after drip zone control valve?

Can't thank you enough for that explanation. I'm one of those people that needs to know the "why" not simply directed to do something a certain way. I do have one follow up question. If my inlet pressure is 49 PSI, can i use a fixed setting 30 PSI regulator? I've read various things about needing a certain drop in pressure across a regulator for it to work properly. I can't remember if it referred to both adjustable or fixed pressure regulators or just one type.

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 10:17am

Above ground installation of control valves? How?

It seems everything I read is geared toward below surface valve box installation. My situation simply can't accommodate this. I'm dealing with a deck (a first floor deck with a second floor deck that partially overhangs). Below the deck there is a very small bed that's just not large enough for a normal valve box and it's already planted completely. At the front of the property are a few large containers as well. Due to these large variances in elevation, I've split the system into 3 zones. Thus...

Thursday, May 19th 2011, 10:09am

My static pressure is only 50PSI. I'm more concerned with filter location then the pressure regulators. I was curious mostly whether I could have one filter upstream of the manifold instead of filters after each valve. I see some pre-assembled control zone kits that have the filter after the valve and that's what makes me question whether it's not good practice to have a filter upstream before the valves and not have filters after each valve. Again, the application here is a drip system with a f...

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 11:04am

what rain sensors will work with a KRain controller?

I have a KRain controller, I think it's RPS 496 (something like that), and I'd like to use a rain sensor with it. It has the ability to utilize one but Krain, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't sell their own rain sensor and there's no mention of compatibility with other brands in any literature I've seen. Does anyone know of one that would work? I'm a big believer in hard wiring things but I'm at the point where I'd seriously consider a wireless model rather than start messing around with my ...

Wednesday, May 18th 2011, 10:57am

My system is a 3-zone drip system, flow is about 0.3 - 0.35 GPM per zone. I have a wye filter at the source, followed by a master valve, and then a 3 valve manifold for the zones. I've seen a lot of pre-assembled control zone valves where there is a wye filter after/downstream of the control valves. Is this necessary? How does it help to have a filter there? I ask because I'm finding a hell of a time finding a valve box large enough for my manifold+valves+possible wye filters+pressure regulators...

Monday, May 16th 2011, 3:04pm

Auto flush/drain valve installation question

I recently setup a new drip system for containers on a deck (actually 2 decks, 1st/2nd floor). I want the system to drain after each run and I've identified a good place for the drainage to go. I set everything up including a DIG auto drain valve at the end/lowest point. However, I'm not sure if I'm missing something b/c it's not functioning in the way I expected it to (I've never used one before so my expectation may be incorrect). After running the system it doesn't drain. It is located about ...