You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 27.

Wednesday, February 18th 2004, 4:05am

Author: paterjb

Master Valve for system

Thanks for the advice. I'll add a mainline drain. Any thoughts on the Weathermatic master control valve and the Flow-clik? Thanks

Tuesday, February 17th 2004, 7:11am

Master Valve for system

I think I'll go with the Weathermatic 1.5" 21000 commercial series valve as my master control valve, 0 psi loss up to 15 GPM along with the Flow-clik placed after the master control valve. I'll still use drain valves in case of an unexpected freeze and I haven't blown out the system yet. Sound any good? Where can I buy the Flow-clik? Thanks

Monday, February 16th 2004, 9:14am

Master Valve for system

I am in frozen Northern Illinois, but I plan on blowing out the system in the late fall anyway. Maybe I should skip the auto-drain valves and the master valve!!!

Monday, February 16th 2004, 6:59am

Overspraying nozzles

Do they pop up then rotate or remain stationary? What brand is stamped on the top of the nozzle?

Monday, February 16th 2004, 5:37am

Master Valve for system

Aquamatic: I haven't installed my system yet. Still fishing for the best advice. I'm saying that if my automatic drain valves have already drained, and I have a leak in one of my zone valves allowing water to leak by, then the master valve would be one more stop gap to ensure I'm not wasting water.

Monday, February 16th 2004, 1:42am

Master Valve for system

Aquamatic or others: If one of my 9 zone valves has a small leak in the closed position and I have drain valves that need > 8 psi to close, won't I be leaking water out the drain valves and not know it? Just asking. Also, RVLI or others. What is the difference in a ASV vs PVB. Won't my 9 zone valves be under constant pressure when in the off position?Thanks Paterjb

Sunday, February 15th 2004, 1:52pm

Overspraying nozzles

First of all, are these rotors or sprays? What type? Sprays come in fixed arcs with fixed or adjustable patterns. Often,rotors have adjustable arcs and patterns.

Sunday, February 15th 2004, 4:25am

Master Valve for system

Reason is economics/safety. Maybe it's overkill. I am installing 9, 1" Irritrol 2400T zone valves with auto-drains on each zone. Thought that if any of the zone valves leaked, the master valve would be a good Idea. Any thoughts? If after hearing advice from the forum I go ahead with the master control valve, what type should I buy for least pressure loss and what size? Thanks

Tuesday, February 10th 2004, 2:18am

Master Valve for system

What's the opinion for a master valve prior to the 1st manifold? Good Idea? Not? I have the room to install one but don't know if it's necessary. If so, what type is best, what size Master Valve for a 1" main line? Thanks paterjb

Monday, February 9th 2004, 2:44am

Copper / PVC manifold connection

When hooking up from my 1"copper feed to my first valve manifold, do I use a 1"threaded pvc/slip fitting with glue or a pvc union or a copper union? What's the most common method of joining the copper to PVC manifold? I have 3 manifolds in all. Do they all need unions or can they be glued together? Thanks Paterjb

Tuesday, January 27th 2004, 2:33am

Advice for new system install?

Thanks: So far I have 9 zones planned with the largest zones at 7.0 GPM (sprays) and 6.16 GPM ( 6 rotors) Thanks

Monday, January 26th 2004, 2:18am

If Peter means paterjb, I'm located in northern Illinois. Thanks again for all the help.

Sunday, January 25th 2004, 1:26am

Tapped in to the 1" copper main last night. Meter is actually 1", not 3/4". WOW!!!! Getting 30GPM with the bucket test. Did it 3 times to be sure. Even weighed the water on a digital bathroom scale. 4.3 lbs (2.5 gal) in 5.0 seconds. If my math is correct, thats 30 GPM. Far better than my 7-8 GPM from the outside hose bib. Still, the pressure is 38-40 psi. Hopefully this will help out my system reuirements. I know these rates (30 GPM) don't agree with may of the tables out there, but that's what ...

Wednesday, January 21st 2004, 4:08am

I was pretty sure about other faucets being off when I did the bucket test 3 months ago. It is a outside hose bib connected through 1/2" copper pipe. I'm hooking into the 1" main this weekend with a drain between the shut off and capped off POC. I'll do the bucket test again off the 1" line/faucet. Thanks

Tuesday, January 20th 2004, 2:05am

RVLI:I have to use an RPZ as per city code. A PVB would be good as the other neighbors who didn't get a permit use, but I'm going to go by the book. RAINMAN: My feed to the house is 1" copper, through a 3/4" meter, back to a 1" copper line to the POC (~ 15-18') Hopefully you are correct and my flow is better that 6-7 GPM. POC is the same elevation as the hose bib was. Thanks paterjb

Friday, January 16th 2004, 4:22am

S/S ball valve question

Stainless steel because they are free from a relative. That's the only reason!!!!

Wednesday, January 14th 2004, 5:30am

Swing joint question

Still planning; Since I am near the low end of pressure to my heads (~25psi)after RPZ, Main and laterals, I am in a pickle concerning which swing joints to order. Choices are 1.Rainbird model TSJ-12075, 12in,3/4 X 3/4 mpt-psi loss = 1.5 psi @ 6GPM Cost = ~ 16.00$ each (WOW!!!!!) 2.Hunter swing joint, 12in,3/4 X 3/4 mpt =2.9psi loss @ 3GPM (1.50$ea) 3.Toro funny pipe, 12in with Two,3/4"mpt elbows = 0.52psi loss @ 3GPM Don't know the Toro price yet? Any suggestions? Are the Hunter swing joints tha...

Tuesday, January 13th 2004, 1:13pm

S/S ball valve question

Sorry, I meant 316 stainless steel , not slip X slip. So, can I use a stainless steel ball valve threaded onto 1" mpt copper fitting with teflon tape? Thanks paterjb

Tuesday, January 13th 2004, 7:19am

S/S ball valve question

Can I use a 1" S/S ball valve with teflon tape as a shut off when I cut into my 1" copper line to feed my sprinkler system. Thanks paterjb

Sunday, January 11th 2004, 3:09am

I'm starting to get confused. Comments from the forum say my designed system will work and others say it will not work. 38-40 psi before the Wilkins 1" RPZ as read through a 1/2" hose bib. Hope my guage is correct. Don't really know if it will rob 10-12 psi as stated in the wilkins literature. That leaves 26-30 psi to drive the rotor heads (5) 150 feet away in 1" poly pipe. Any thoughts? I am going to tee off my 1" main after the meter and go directly outside with 1" copper (~ 40ft). Will that h...