You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Monday, June 13th 2011, 7:48pm

Author: pillboy

Rechargeable "9V" Back-up Battery in Rain Bird ESP-LX Controller

My "9 volt" Energizer rechargeable NiMH came in the mail today. http://www.atbatt.com/product/6878.asp In teeny, tiny little print (had to put on my reading glasses) on the back label of the battery itself..."8.4 volt".

Friday, June 10th 2011, 12:42pm

Thanks Mitchgo. I searched this web site, Rain Bird, and eBay. I figured if it existed, eBay would have it. Makes me want to take my VOM to these batteries and see what exactly they put out for volts. Thanks to both you and Wet Boots for hanging out on this site and conversing with us homeowners.

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 10:06pm

The parts and accessories section of Rain Bird's online store does not list a back-up battery. I tried calling the store, but apparently they don't have much for staff as the call eventually routed to voice mail with the only option to leave a message and they would call me back. I would be extremely happy to buy OEM...IF I COULD FIND ONE! I hate to disagree with the professionals, but I am virtually certain that a 9.zero rechargeable NiMH battery does not exist (like I was told at the battery s...

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 6:40pm

Thanks a lot Rain Bird...I'm not paying $10 to talk to a customer service rep on your technical services 800 line when the people who write your manuals suck %#@. I need to replace the rechargeable battery in my controller since it will no longer power the clock for any reasonable length of time with the controller unplugged. The battery looks like a 9 volt battery, but the printing on it states it is 7.2 volts. The controller's manual states: "The replacement battery must be a 9-volt rechargeab...

Monday, June 6th 2011, 10:05pm

Rain Bird 100-DV Valve Clicking

Thanks again for your help.

Monday, June 6th 2011, 8:35pm

Yeah, I was a little tongue-in-cheek with that last post. I have learned that lesson a few too many times...nothing fixes itself. I assume I can just replace the guts of the valve and not have to replace the whole thing, correct? Mitch, do you know if the insides of the four different 100-DV valves are identical? The 100-DV-SS, 100-DV-NPT, 100-DV-MB-NPT, 100-DV-A-NPT appear to have different bodies that utilize different pipe connection methods. Thanks again for your help.

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 9:45pm

Things just get more confusing (but in a good way). Yesterday I go out to figure this out once and for all. First thing I do is check the resistance on all 11 zones. All 11 were at just about exactly 30 ohms...interesting. So I turn the water back on and...the faulty zone does NOT come on. It was running when I shut the water off a couple days before. I open the bleed screw and the zone starts running like it is supposed to. I close the bleed screw and it shuts off. I turn the solenoid a quarter...

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 9:09pm

Hey Mitchgo- Last night I stopped by Menards and bought one Rain Bird solenoid, but it was so unpleasantly windy I didn't work on the issue. Tonight when I got done mowing I turned on the water, plugged the controller back in (the display was completely blank) and reset the date and time. The programs I had set the night before were still in the memory (non-volatile memory like you said). And by the way, the 9V is rechargeable (I opened the front panel and it states to use only a rechargeable 9V...

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 12:45pm

That thought has passed through my head. So I can assume I may have damaged multiple solenoids. I guess I will turn on the water and run the start-up test program (2 minutes per zone) and see what happens. I would have sworn the first few years that when it was blown out, the controller did not get unplugged from the AC. I have a new guy doing the blow out (I have always started it up in the spring), and I seem to remember wondering about him unplugging the controller and thinking that it wasn't...

Monday, May 30th 2011, 10:06pm

Hi everyone- Today when I tried starting my irrigation system (professionally installed about 6 years ago), I found the fault light flashing on my Rain Bird ESP-12LX+ controller. When the system was blown out last fall the guy unplugged the controller from the AC outlet for the winter. A couple/few weeks ago I plugged it back in to allow the back-up 9-volt battery to recharge. In addition to the fault light flashing, the display would cycle through "short 6", "short 8" and "short 9". When I went...