You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 2:29pm

Author: BKT

It's fixed!

Thanks for the in-depth explanation MitchGo. I now have a much better understanding of everything thanks to you and Wet Boots. After stepping back and thinking about it, I figured that the only thing that I had touched since it was working was the controller. I just replaced the controller with a newer model and everything is now working! Even though I was receiving proper voltage it's possible that the old transformer might have failed on me when I turned the system back on and not supplied eno...

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 12:13pm

RE: Valves and solenoids

Quoted from "Larry K" This may be a dumb question, but say I want to manually turn on my sprinklers each day ( my control unit does not work, and im fine with that) is any electricity required? I just turned the control valve on today and only half of the yard works, the irrigation box floods, and turning the valves on or off has no effect what so ever. I guess in a nut shell I am saying, my intuition tells me this is a valve problem, not a solenoid, or electric problem. I have zero experience ...

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 11:50am

Great information, but I'm still stumped.

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" What you call redundant is a "master valve" that feeds a system mainline - and provides protection from a stuck-open zone valve Thank you sir. The placement of a master valve for protection makes sense now. What doesn't is how can the Irritrol's manual bleed seemingly push water backwards through the BFP? I'll illustrate my assumed flow from the City to said "master valve" City Feed===>Meter==>BFP==>Irritrol "master valve"==>my system's mainline, etc. How can the Irritro...

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 12:05am

Here's a picture of the Irritrol 2400T

I assure you that this is only mud. The city water feed from the back flow preventor comes into this valve from the right and exits to the downstream valves on the left (under the mud). When I turned the manual bleed knob, water came out of the BFP. That was a bit confusing to me since I assumed the pipe on the right was input only. Just wanting to understand how this works. Thanks in advance. BKT

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 11:25pm

System no longer works after one week of being turned off. Help...

We bought our home for 11 years ago with the 10 zone sprinkler system already installed. It has worked wonderfully aside from a few "normal" issues (replaced the old rainbird controller, broken heads, etc.) but I'm stumped on this one. I shut the system off (from the Orbit 75012 controller) last week as we had 8 days straight of rain and tornadoes (thankfully, no real damage to us) but when I turned it back on yesterday, no water from the heads. The controller "seems" to be fine as runs through ...