Search results 1-6 of 6.

Monday, March 22nd 2004, 7:27am

Author: scottn

Why can't I get enough pressure

****ooooooooooo....................

Tuesday, March 16th 2004, 5:48am

I have a pressure switch that tells the pump when to come on and when to shut off. The type of switch I have is a 30-50 psi switch. Right now, I have the nuts that put pressure on the springs backed as far off as I can. When I put power to the pump, it comes on. It pumps at the pressures i mentioned. What I can't do it get it to shut off automatically. Do I need to turn the nuts down further? All I want is to have my system charge automatically when it drops below a certain psi so that it's cons...

Friday, March 12th 2004, 5:50am

see my previous post. Turns out that the pump was bad. It wasn't pulling enough to bring the water up from the well. I replaced the 1hp pump with a 1 1/2 hp pump. It primes fine. It pumps a ton of water when put on manually. I've got a pressure guage hooked up to it and it reads about 38 psi when the system is on but will only go to about 44 psi when it's off. It's a pressure system. I replaced the pressure tank and have set the pressure switch to kick off at the lowest pressure possible. Any id...

Wednesday, January 28th 2004, 3:18am

Could this be a check valve problem?

it does. I'm of the opinion that it's no flow on the inlet side. When I took the pump and impeller assembly apart, there was a thick layer of sand and soot inside. I cleaned all of that out. When i put it back together, the pump runs fine and if I use a garden hose to provide water to the inlet side of the pump, it'll spray the water all over the place, indicating that it's functioning. Just before the inlet, there's a pvc valve with a spring in it. I'm thinking that there may be sand and soot i...

Tuesday, January 27th 2004, 6:50am

I'm sure that the system wasn't winterized as it ran just a week ago with no problems. I live in FL so nothing here get's winterized. The water is being supplied from the house (domestic service). The pump is outside. It just seems like the pump is trying to prime itself, but isn't getting water now. Thanks for the quick reply!!

Tuesday, January 27th 2004, 4:54am

We just purchased an older home. The sprinkler system was functional when we moved in. About a week ago, my wife found a switch in the garage and decided to see what it controlled. Unfortunately, it controlled the pump to our sprinkler system. She left it in "off" position. It wasn't until this last weekend that I discovered what had happened. When I flipped the switch back on, the pump ran forever, it never shut off. The sprinklers don't work. I know the pump is working properly. When it's on, ...