You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 2:13pm

Author: screaming

I have no idea how to fix this leak

It seems to be a Febco 860U. I now have documentation and information on parts replacement. Thank you very much for the help. Edit: I finally got around to messing with the 860U. My intention was to go through the troubleshooting steps outlined in the maintenance manual. (By the way, thank you for that, Febco.) But whatever debris had given the 860U problems must have worked itself out, because the relief valve was no longer open. Unfortunately, the debris seems to have lodged in one of my valve...

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 7:16am

I have no idea how to fix this leak

Recently I was in the yard and noticed the sound of running water coming from underneath one of one of the covers of my irrigation system. I lifted the cover and got a nasty surprise--water gushing out where it shouldn't. I've attached a notated photo to show where water was pouring out. I assume this is some sort of pressure safety valve. There is construction in my area, so maybe the water pressure got too high momentarily and broke some sort of relief valve? I have no idea but I fear for my w...

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 5:27pm

Fun with Lightning

Well, god forbid there be a thread where someone didn't chime in to remind us all that lightning is powerful. As if one is foolish to install surge suppressors or something. Since seat belts don't do diddly if you slam into a bridge abutment at 75 MPH, I guess I won't bother wearing them anymore.

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 4:15pm

Fun with Lightning

Well, for most strikes, a whole-house surge suppressor combined with a point-of-use surge suppressor will help. I do realize that they aren't absolutely effective. My area is under a severe thunderstorm warning as I type this (I'm shutting down very soon!), and before coming in I unplugged the controller. Unplugging is the best protection. Who knows, maybe the solenoids could still get fried but at least the controller will be OK... Unless it gets hit directly, which would almost be funny enough...

Saturday, June 18th 2011, 12:49pm

Fun with Lightning

Found the problem. It was the expansion modules--the things the zone wires plug into. I had reused the old ones because they only give you 2 expansion modules (model number TSM-02), but I needed 4. So I figured, "Duh, why not use all 4 of the old ones?" There was a voice in the back of my mind warning me about it at the time, but I had forgotten it. Oh well. The two new TSM-02 modules make all the zones work. Now I just need to get a couple more of them. I guess weird things can happen when thos...

Friday, June 17th 2011, 10:52pm

Fun with Lightning

I do have a rain sensor. I know the rain sensor is wired properly (and that nothing else is going where the sensor should be). Obviously not 100% sure the controller isn't faulty, but it is brand new...

Friday, June 17th 2011, 7:12pm

Fun with Lightning

Sorry, didn't think the wiring would be relevant. FWIW, I was very careful to wire everything as it was before.

Friday, June 17th 2011, 6:52pm

Fun with Lightning

We had a close lightning strike a week or so ago. Fun stuff. Fried intercom, fried DVD player, fried garage door operators, fried irrigation system controller. I've replaced the controller now--a Toro TMC-212-OD--and it works fine. The problem is that as soon as I plug the controller in, one of my 7 zones (zone 6) turns on, and will not turn off no matter what I do, short of unplugging the controller. The only zones that work properly are zones 1 and 7. All other zones (2, 3, 4, and 5) are compl...