You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 10:16pm

Author: Merlin1477024

All heads weak spray at same time...after replacing 2 heads and digging.

Quoted from "mrfixit" There shouldn't be a mud hole. There's something wrong with the pipe or there's something wrong with the valve. It's not a wiring problem. I'm not sure what valve you mean. The master valve or a zone control valve. Each zone has a valve, but they are not in a central box. Where this boxes are at...I have no idea. I may need to rent a tool to find them that I've seen on a website. But, what I don't understand is why ALL zones try to come on at the same time if there's not a...

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 8:46am

Thanks for your reply. I was running through the system, repaired that head (hard digging near where the bundle of control wires run alongside the house perhaps. After the repair is when all zones came on. Do you think I have cut all main control wires and not the common wire? If I cut the black ones (white is used for common), would this explain why all 8 zones try to open at once? Would this explain why pressure is low as the water pressure for 8 heads is being divided among 64 heads? I can po...

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:47pm

Recently I started my 8 zone system after long non-use. All zones ran, but a head was popped off, heads mis-aligned, poor pattern, etc. Last year when installing dog fence, I cut a pipe feeding a head. Yesterday I replaced that head, but then...all zones try to run at same time and now have very low pressure. When I replaced the broken pipe I may have cut all the wires running into the box. I kind of think this means the common wire is shorted out and the connection is being made on all zones in...