Search results 1-8 of 8.

Friday, July 8th 2011, 5:50am

Author: MongoClark

Flooded valve boxes

what kind of system do you have?

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 5:42am

RE: two zones watering

Quoted from "mike1059" Are zones 1 and 4 in the same valve box or is one in front and one in back. One quick check you can do is dissconnect one of the two stations at the clock. If both still come on the wires are cross-connecting in the valve box and as mitchgo says redoing the connections should fix the problem. Yes zones 1-3 are located at the front of the house and zones 4-6 are located at the back of the house. This is what I did yeaterday, in the box where zones 1-3 solenoids are located...

Sunday, July 3rd 2011, 8:40am

2 Zones same time

Quoted from "Mitchgo" just to make sure, re-do the splices in the valve box- all of them. If that didn't fix it Use a multimeter and test for voltage at the controller while you have either zone on. touch the common and that particular zone .. You are looking to see if the controller is sending power to multiple zones I forgot to say that I installed a new controller box on the wall and thats when I noticed the problem, i then took that box off and put the old box back on and it still did the s...

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 2:26pm

2 Zones same time

Quoted from "Mitchgo" The solenoids you replaced, were zones 1 and 4 apart of this replacement? You wired to wires incorrectly.. Most likely wired in series. Pull the 2 wires that connect the valves to each other and wire it into the main common bundle It was only zone 1 that i replaced. I have two wires on that solenoid, one going to the bundle with the common wire and the other going to the zone 1 sprinkler. Now on the bundle i have 5 wires attached, three for each solenoid and 2 white common...

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 10:05am

2 Zones same time

O.k I have a old system (1997 Toro with a Greenkeeper box). Changed some diaphragms out and a couple solenoids and put everything back together. I have a six zone system and now when I turn zone 1 on zone 4 also comes on and when i turn zone 4 on zone 1 comes on as well and its just 1 and 4. all other zones work as advertised. This is really starting to get to me, any ideas?

Friday, June 24th 2011, 12:29pm

Solenoid wiring help

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" (took awhile to find the old thread I detailed the method on) To make an extreme example, imagine all the wires are the same color. You would have to mark the ends of every wire currently connected to the controller's outputs with a numbered tag. Then you would take resistance measurements from each wire to every other wire, one at a time, and write down the measured resistance value on a grid chart. That can be a lot of measurements (45 measurements for 10 wires) - but ...

Friday, June 24th 2011, 10:23am

Solenoid wiring help

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" sounds like it's time you identified and marked the wires, and to do so, you need a multimeter to measure resistance Ya think you could go more into detail instead of saying measure resistance?? A little more insight might help me out!

Friday, June 24th 2011, 6:49am

Solenoid wiring help

I have an old Toro system installed back in 1997 with a Toro GreenKeeper Control Box and have 6 zones. I had to change a solenoid the other day and if are looking down where the control valve with the solenoids attached I removed the middle solenoid which also meant I had to remove wires on the left solenoid as well and then had to order the solenoid and diaphram. But did I mark the wires so when the solenoid came in I could put it together? HECK NO!! Now I do know which wire goes to what. like ...