You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 9:47pm

Author: the3dolla

Thinking about a DIY sprinkler system.. getting started..

Thanks.. I have been reading that tutorial, I'm not sure yet what my PSI or GPM is yet. I'll get the PSI from the regular hose faucet. (right by the irrigation PVC coming from my basement) However, for the GPM, I should get it from the 1" of PVC coming from the house, right? Seems that not as much would come out of my smaller hose. (5/8") Is there any harm with going for the 1" valves? They seem better in the charts I see. I'm thinking about the CP-100 Rainbird or the Orbit 57101P It seems that ...

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 12:43am

Author: the3dolla

Thinking about a DIY sprinkler system.. getting started..

I purchased a house with a 15 to 20 year old system. It didn't get good coverage, the valves were basically buried in dirt, so I pretty much want to do it over. The good thing is that I already have a separate meter for it. To start I want the proper valves and backflow preventer for the front yard and will deal with the backyard later. I estimate that I'll need 5 or 6 zones in the front; and that I have somewhat low water pressure. My entire property is only 80ftx120ft, so not terribly large. T...