You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 12:22am

Author: SWOkie66

Missing Valve

Well, I got a cutoff valve on the feeder pipe that goes into the faulty zone to get it shut off. I have the other zones running from the control panel, so it's working for now until I can locate the automatic valve. I think I'll just let it go a little while, temps are in the 100 plus right now.

Wednesday, July 6th 2011, 11:10pm

Missing Valve

I found the line that feeds that zone. Still no luck finding the valve, though. Although, I was told by 2 different people that sometimes, sprinkler installers will "stack" valves. I've looked in the valve box and still only see 3 valves, and there is approximately 1-2 inches between the bottom of the valve and the dirt. Is it possible that there's another valve upside down in the dirt on the underside of the manifold?

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 11:45pm

Missing Valve

Update: It turns out that the line running under the driveway (the one in the pic) is the city water line...lol. I'm still trying to locate the line that feeds that zone, but it's been trying at best. I had a utility locator technician come by today and he found the electrical service to the valve boxes, but I'm still unable to find the valve.

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 9:59am

Missing Valve

I dug down to where I thought the pipe came out from under the driveway and found nothing. However, the pipe that feeds the sprinkler head is about 1 1/2 to 2 ft. deep. I will have to try another approach. I thought maybe I could find the T fitting on that side to see if there were wires running to the valve and I would know which side of the driveway to look for the valve.

Friday, July 1st 2011, 11:29pm

Missing Valve

I will definitely look into that, and thank you for your reply, but have you ever seen or heard of an instance where a valve was located under a driveway and covered over with concrete?

Friday, July 1st 2011, 7:02pm

Missing Valve

I have an underground sprinkler system, Rainbird, which was connected to city water and worked fine. I recently had a well drilled which I connected to the sprinkler systerm. All works well, except for the fact that one zone (5 heads) will not shut off. The well and pressure tank cannot run more than one zone at a time. This zone worked fine when I tested it the first time. I have a total of 8 zones, which are controlled by manifolds in 2 valve boxes. One box is in the front yard, and the other ...