You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 8:56pm

Author: rckowal

Two Rain Bird Rotary Nozzles Don't Rotate

Thanks Wet Boots. Borrowing from your knowledge & my ingenuity, I put together a home made device to measure nozzle pressure using a pressure gauge, a foot of vinyl tubing, a garden hose repair piece & a tubing clamp. With it, I found that the nozzle pressure (as you surmised) was only 9 PSI - nothing like the 28 PSI home water supply pressure measured at the outdoor spigot. This gadget also helped me to discover a reason why the pressure might be so low. There was one (seriously leaking) head t...

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 10:12am

Hi Wet Boots. So how would one measure nozzle pressure?

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 9:32am

I just changed the nozzles on two zones of Rain Bird 1800 Spray Heads from the MPR to the newer Rotary type. All but two (one in each 7 - 8 head zone) are working fine. My question is: what's wrong with the ones that don't - they spray water but don't rotate? Following Rain Birds Rotary Nozzle Trouble Shooting list; here's what I've tried so far. 1. Checked nozzle filter screens - they're clean. 2. Checked the home water system supply pressure while a zone is running - one is 31 PSI the other is...

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 8:35pm

Garden Irrigation Systems

Thanks! OK, that make sense now.

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 9:47am

This is really good info! And the price is right (grin). I don't understand the hi-lighted comment, please explain. "If you add plants, a T and a figure 8 is all you need to run a new line anywhere you want, the natural curve of the drip can be twisted to make some crazy turns and all kinds of stuff. you can poke holes in it for the emitter tubing." The reason I was considering 1/4" porous mini soaker hose is that it is really soft & flexible; it's limp like wet spaghetti. See this video link on...

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 8:03pm

Quoted from "servicetechMA" Rain Bird is extremely advanced in the irrigation world,they have clocks you put zip codes into to get weather info and all kinds of other info.Although i much prefer the HUNTER PGP over the 5000 RAINBIRD for a sprinkler head. Thats besides the point. I would go hands down with RAINBIRD Drip,emitters every 12'' or so, .9 gallons an hour.its what we use and it seems to be very good. Orbit is a fine brand too,more homeowner stuff though.I know about Rain Bird drip thou...

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 5:26pm

I need your advice please. I'm thinking of installing a basic DIY irrigation system for my vegetable & flower garden. But before I start, I thought it would be a good idea to seek some professional guidance. I've already done research on the subject so I have a pretty good understanding of what's involved & many of the products out there. At this point, it appears to me that I should use a combination of 1/4" porous soaker (or drip emitter) tubing for the vegetable rows and some drip emitters fo...

Monday, July 18th 2011, 9:01pm

Rainbird Valve Trouble

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" parts for a Rainbird EV-100 can be had under the Irritrol HR1 model. Certain failures of a diaphragm assembly can give you a partially opening valve. Other issues could be in play. That valve is long out of production, so there might come a time when you just decide to install a new manifold of valves. Thanks for the comments. After trying another solenoid & cleaning the valve, it's become obvious that the time to replace them has come. As you suggested, it does appear t...

Monday, July 18th 2011, 4:25pm

Rainbird Valve Trouble

"Check the wiring at the controller and valve, make sure there is power coming to the valve." Quoted from "seansy59" Huh? Am I missing some thing? This seems to conflict with the next sentence. "The water puddling near the heads when the timers switched on indicates that there is a signal between the controller and valve, which is good." "After that, since you said it comes on fine with the bleed screw, then the solenoid may be dirty. A good careful cleaning may do the trick." OK, I'll try clean...

Monday, July 18th 2011, 3:33pm

Rainbird Valve Trouble

Mine is an old four zone system using Rainbird EV100 valves with popup spray sprinklers. One zone has stopped working properly when being turned on by the controller. I've checked & found that the valve turns on & the sprinklers run fine when the thumb screw is manually operated to open it. However, when I turn it on using the controller, there is some water puddling at the sprinkler heads but they don't pop up & spray. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm thinking the solenoid may be malfunctioning - even ...