You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Monday, September 26th 2011, 1:40pm

Author: whatsavalve

How do you know when it's time to replace valves?

My sprinkler system uses a FebCo 765 (3/4") BPV right now. It's probably 17 years old. The ball valve handles (inlet and outlet) are mostly rusted out but the BPV looks OK on the inside. I am concerned about those valves failing in some really serious way if I just ignore them. If the handles are rusted, does that usually indicate a problem inside the ball valves? Is there any way to know when they're about to fail or would you all just replace them right away? Is replacing one of these ball val...

Monday, September 26th 2011, 12:49pm

Fixed!

Thanks again. I found that the wire for the master valve was just not connected to my new controller. I got that sorted out and then the water started flowing to the valves. They are still working so now my irrigation system is fully functional again. If it helps anyone else, I found this page informative on the subject of what a master valve does: http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/faq/master-valve.htm

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 11:37am

Can't get water out to BPV

Thanks, Web Boots. So it can stop the flow of the water then. That's what I was suspecting but wanted to be sure. Now I think I need to do some testing with the wires there to see what controls the valve. I need to find out if this valve is what's keeping the water from reaching the BPV outdoors. One other question though: Could this sort of valve be damaged by lightning? (That was my original problem going back to July) If so, can I replace just the solenoid on there or do I need to buy whole n...

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 6:18pm

Can't get water out to BPV

Hello, I posted here a while ago about a problem I had after a lightning strike, and believe it or not, I've been troubleshooting this thing like the rank amateur I am ever since July. Today I realized I am not getting water out to the BPV on the side of my house. I live in a standard, 15-year-old residential neighborhood, if that helps. So, I realized today that I have water at the main shut-off valve in my basement, water at the sprinkler shut-off valve a couple of feet from there and water at...

Monday, July 18th 2011, 11:59pm

Lightning, new controller, forgot to label the wires

Hello, Last week my house was struck (or nearly struck) by lightning and a few small electronic items dies all at once. Soon thereafter I realized my sprinklers were not running on schedule. They worked fine before that day. I checked the controller box in the garage and it had no display. It was over 15 years old so I bought and installed a new controller today. Unfortunately, I didn't label my wires so now I don't know which wire goes to which zone. Yeah, I know. I have 5 zones and none of the...