You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Friday, March 5th 2004, 3:36am

Author: skamp

Design validation needed please!!

All of my design was based on Jess Stryker's tutorials. I used Visio 2003 to design the whole system. Thanks for the feedback! Steve

Wednesday, March 3rd 2004, 10:09am

Head placement

Well the radius should be able to be changed with any version as that is just the size (diameter) of the sprinkler head. I am not sure if you need a newer version or the professional version to modify the sprinkler stencils. In order to do it, I copied the round and rectangular heads to my favorties stencil and that allowed me to changed them from read only to edit. I then edited the master properties/edit master shape. In there you can go to shape/custom propeties and add new coverage (45, 200,...

Wednesday, March 3rd 2004, 8:29am

Head placement

It is Microsoft Visio 2003 Pro (http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX0108579. I am pretty sure the earlier versions also allowed you to do irrigation design. I got it from work as I work for HP and we have a site license for all MS software. Steve

Tuesday, March 2nd 2004, 3:53pm

Head placement

Yes I did it all in Vision 2003 Pro. The one thing that is nice is the circle and rectangular heads have custom properties so you can change the coverage (90,180,etc). You can even edit the master so you can make custom angles (200,45,etc). One thing that helped me is I used the layer function so you can overlay the sprinkler design, zone design and pipe layout. I hope this helps. Steve

Tuesday, March 2nd 2004, 1:37am

Head placement

Did you click on the new link? I did move a bunch of stuff as well as added a zone for the flower bed in the front. For the front sidewalk strip I am using a 5x30 side strip with 5x15 cornerstrips. It gives me head to head coverage. The only place I am using rotors is in the back in zones 4 and 6. My beds (and my whole lot) has basically zero slope. Here is the link again for my revised design. Thanks!! http://www.lanability.com/images/new_design.gif Steve

Monday, March 1st 2004, 3:55pm

Design validation needed please!!

Well I think I am done with my design. I know I will have to make slight tweeks to the arc's on some the heads once I get it installed. Everything I did in the design was from Jess Stryker's tutorial. My tested pressure is 56PSI and using 30PSI sprinkler heads my total pressure loss is ~50PSI. I have 15GPM flow (5/8 meter with 1" service line) from city water. I think I will be using the following equiptment unless I get some advise here to stay away from something. <b>Rotors</b> - Hunter PGP 4"...

Monday, March 1st 2004, 3:38pm

Head placement

Yes I did the design in Visio. Thanks for the suggestions. I have modified my design and can be found at: http://www.lanability.com/images/new_design.gif Also can you tell me if the sprayers for the beds need to be in the front of the bed or behind the bed? Thanks! Steve

Monday, March 1st 2004, 8:16am

Head placement

I am finishing my design and I need advise on where to place my heads for my flower and shrub beds. Do they do in the front middle or back. Here is a link to my current design (not completed yet). I have the heads for the shrub bed in front spraying towards the fence. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!! Here is the link to my current design: http://www.lanability.com/images/irrigation_plan.gif Steve

Monday, March 1st 2004, 3:44am

Center strip question

Great. I orginally designed with halfs and quarters so I will just leave it like that. I am sure I will be hitting you guys up with more questions. Thanks!! Steve

Saturday, February 28th 2004, 11:22am

Center strip question

I am finishing my sprinkler design and have a question. I have a 8'x36' side yard. I am not sure if I should just use regular 7' (I should get ~8ft at 35PSI) sprayers or a combination of center and end strip sprayers. Thanks in advance for the help! Steve