You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 7:49pm

Author: nnhubbard

Hunter EC not turning on solenoid

I have a Hunter EC controller. When setting it and seeing that it should be turning on the system on, the sprinklers do not turn on. I can however manually twist the top of the solinoid (where is says turn 1/4th) and the system will turn on. So, it almost seems like the connection from the controls to the solenoid is not working, so it doesn't seem to do anything to control it.

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 8:54pm

Repairing a leak with compression coupling. Coupling leaking.

I am repairing some buried sprinkler pipes and was told to use a compression coupling. After putting on the coupling and tightening, it starts leaking after turning on the water. Is there another method of repairing a buried pipe other then a compression coupling? Is there a way to use glue?

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 8:08pm

New Home: No water to system and not working

Ok, after looking again at the exposed pipes that I can see, I am wondering if the system even ever had the water hooked up. I see two capped off pipes. Take a look and let me know what you think: Thoughts? Thanks for the help.

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 10:31am

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" If that antisyphon valve is the master valve, then you don't have any real backflow protection. What is backflow protection?

Monday, July 25th 2011, 8:39pm

Quoted from "servicetechMA" Open up the controller face,see how many colored wires, are wired up in there. It will look pretty empty with only 1 zone. If you have several then that valve pictured could be a master valve,it could possibly be faulty,bad solenoid or somthing,it would open though if you turn bleeder or solenoid. If you get confused about the main water valve in the house. Have somone outside,while you are inside,while you are standing right where the pipe would enter the house. Hav...

Monday, July 25th 2011, 1:03pm

My family recently moved into a new house (new to us) which has a sprinkler system that appears to have only one zone. I plugged in the control panel (in garage) and tested it out to see how it worked. Nothing. So, I went around to the side of the house where some of the pipes are exposed. Feeling them, they seem too light, like there is no water inside, so I have a feeling that somewhere is a valve to turn ON the water for the spinkler system, but I have no clue where this would be. Or, does th...