You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 10:45pm

Author: AZron

Two zones will not turn on (an interesting story)

Well I replaced the top bonnets on the valves, and for good measure I also installed new diaphrams that were specifically recommended by the manufacturer, even though the diaphrams that I had already purchased seem to work fine in the valve that was operational. In any case, all three zones are now working properly. I am still having a hard time understanding what the failure was, and why there were so many failures at the same time. In my troubleshooting experience (not necessarily sprinklers, ...

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 8:37pm

The controller that I removed was: Irritrol RainDial 6 station (couldn't find the model #) The controller that I installed is: Orbit Indoor 4 station Model 57874 I am not sure how important that is anymore since the electrical portion of the system is apparently functioning properly since I replaced it. If I am wrong about this then please correct me, but I was under the impression that if the valves would not operate manually, then they would not operate from the solenoid either. I believe, giv...

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 11:43pm

I have three zones (front lawn, back lawn, and drip). I noticed a couple of days ago that the front lawn was getting pretty dry, so I was going to increase the run time on the controller (temperatures 105 - 110 this past week). After I changed the run time, I thought I would start the zone manually, and saw that the zone did not start. I walked over to the irrigation box in the ground, and heard the solenoid chattering, but the valve was not opening. I turned the controller off, and I went to th...