You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 1:51am

Author: fuzzmanks

Blowing Transformers?????????HELP!

Quoted from "mrfixit" I haven't read all of what's been said. I recommend buying a new controller. Dang, the blasted thing was only used like 2 to 3 months. I might be able to get a warranty replacement, but that won't help if my underground wiring is messed up.

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 11:20pm

Quoted from "fuzzmanks" My current Orbit timer has a 24vac 300mA transformer. If I need to replace the transformer can I use the transformer from my previous non-Orbit timer? The old transformer is a Class 2 24vac 20VA transformer. I will most likely have to order a replacement transformer due to my local. I went ahead and switch out the 300mA transformer with the 20VA transformer. It powered up my timer okay, but as soon as I input the command to turn on a watering station, the fuse blew. I re...

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 12:09am

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Motors can go bad, too. In general, you want to keep any sensitive electronics off of circuits shared with motors. Garage door openers go on their own branch. I know of folks with computers that couldn't operate them on a circuit with a freezer, unless they ran the computer from a UPS Is the garage branch circuit run from a GFCI breaker? Not to hijack this thread but I have a related question. I installed a new Orbit timer this spring. I believe my transformer is now toa...