You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Monday, January 30th 2006, 11:08am

Author: rghash

Filter installation question

This is perhaps a dumb question, but I'm thinking of installing the 1" Vu-Flow 100 mesh stainless filter right before my PVB (split off main line before it goes thru water softener unit). Irrigation is entirely drip hose for landscaping. Water is from 500' well (hard water, occasional small sand) - I don't really perceive a water quality problem right now, but adding a filter seems like cheap insurance for all the drip hose... Do this filter have to be installed in the vertical position? (ie, pi...

Monday, April 18th 2005, 6:42am

Spicing wires - direct soil contact connectors?

I need to re-route about 10' of 1" pvc pipe which is located directly under wifes rose arbor to-be. Unfortunately I've got all the control wires cable-tied under the pipe, and no slack. So I need to splice into the control wires to lengthen them for the new route. I've been given advice that I can just use the water-proof connectors (was planning to use SnapLocs) and bury them, which just sounds to me like a problem waiting to happen. I was thinking of putting in two small valve boxes (one at ea...

Tuesday, March 9th 2004, 10:23am

Question on Febco FE765-100

Well I know I want a shutoff valve between the tank and the PVB, but the question was should I use the one that's already on the Febco PVB, or install an independent one? What is "primarily for field testing" supposed to mean? For now I'm planning to install an independent ball valve on the supply line to the PVB...

Friday, March 5th 2004, 5:37am

Question on Febco FE765-100

I'm looking at buying the Febco FE765-100 PVB. I'l be tapping into a 1.25" line off my wells pressurized tank. From the product page here (http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=585) I see that it has inlet/discharge side shut-off valves, but the description goes on to say "Valves and test cocks are primarily for field testing". The question is shut I install an independent ball valve to shut off the new irrigation line, or can/should I use the valve on this PVB? I know this question s...