You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 4:00pm

Author: bconley24

Thanks Wet Boots

Thanks Wet Boots for the good answer but I now realize that I asked the wrong question. I'm wanting to know how many square feet can be watered in a single zone with 10 GPM at 70 psi. Thanks

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 10:37am

17 zone design calls for 2 controllers/timers

Can anyone tell me, as a general rule, how many square feet can a properly designed sprinkler system cover assumming my GPM is 10 and my PSI at my water source is 70 psi. For simplicity sake just assume a totally square area. Thanks

Saturday, August 13th 2011, 2:30pm

I found a distributor just down the street from my office. I will go see him Monday. Thanks for your help.

Friday, August 12th 2011, 8:14pm

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I thought 17 zones seemed like a lot. Do you think the 61 sprinklers heads seem excessive? I know it is somewhat hard to comment without seeing my yard layout. I also did the free design service from Home Depot (Orbits) web site and it came up with almost exactly the same results. I am bound and determined to do this all myself and am trying to learn all I can before starting the project. I hate to ask a professional to come out and give an estimate because ...

Friday, August 12th 2011, 4:30pm

I received a sprinkler design from rain bird and it says I need 16 zones for my yard and 1 for my flower bed. It recommends 61 sprinkler heads not including my garden. My yard is about 7200 sq. ft. I have about 70 psi out of my outside faucet and I get about 10 GPM.Rain Bird also recommends 2 contollers/timers because they don't make anything more than a 12 zone residential controller. Am I going to be unhappy with 2 controlers to worry about? Thanks for any input.