You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 6:52pm

Author: Viper16

Designing New Install (Irrigation Meter and Pipe Construction Questions)

I have one more question, I am working on my budget and am questioning using a trencher or a pipe puller...I think I may be going with 1" Poly for the runs. my front yard is 26'x22'ish with a side yard of 4'x61' (one small tree, kidney shaped flower bed) back yard would be 51'x26' with a side yard of 55'x4' (four large trees) do I have too small of space with many obstacles to be worth renting a trencher? or should I rent a trencher rather a pipe puller? Of course I will have to take into accoun...

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 4:29pm

I have been researching heavily and will continue to do so, but I have still not found out about reasons other than operational cost savings for having a separate meter for irrigation. Will performance not really be affected if my system is tied in right after the house water meter? I could see if I had a large property that would require more flow and longer watering times...then it would provide some beneficial cost savings and performance. I have been enjoying this forum thoroughly! I have ev...

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 1:20pm

Reddhead, Thanks for the advice. I am not necessarily worried about the extra cost of installing a second water meter for irrigation only nor am I really concerned about the operational cost savings. I am more worried about what kind of performance I will be hurting for both in the house and in irrigation when someone is using the water in the home and or irrigition. Do you think I will peak my demand and end up having terrible water pressure? I use one of these currently and can have someone ta...

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 8:05am

New Guy here, looking to install an irrigation system early next spring. I have a few questions, but first a little background on me. I am a HVAC salesmans that deals with pumps and pumping systems on a daily basis, I understand and can calculate flow rates, velocities, and friction drops across pipes, fittings, and valves. Background on my House: Location: Tulsa, OK We Do get to Freezing Temperatures, Maybe 10-15 days out of the year on average. Although we had an all time low last winter. I ha...