You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 1:07pm

Author: waterpilot

How do you guys go about low voltage lighting?

SamIV, Do you have an updated address for FX Luminaire? The link you put in is no longer a valid address. Thanks

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 1:02pm

SamIV, Thanks for the info. Can you recommend a manufacturer of long lasting finishes on outdoor lighting. I've been very disappointed with the Malibu Metal line (three tiered copper light) I installed at my former house; the finish was almost gone after one season! Are you ordering your lights and parts on-line or do you have a distributor locally you're dealing with. I'm looking for descent quality at a fair price for supplies. One last question (for now)... is there a hub I run my 18 guage wi...

Thursday, May 27th 2004, 12:49pm

I'm installing wire for future use. Do you suggest I position a hub I can feed 7 to 10 lights off of instead of just running line up and down the hill and connect into the line directly where I want the lights. Is this due to overvoltage (the first light get more volts than the second and so-on)?

Thursday, May 6th 2004, 11:39am

Got my order from sprinklerwarehouse, need help...

Same question... I could have gone with schedule 40 for the same price as 200 and went with 200 because of the flexibility and adaptation to most systems. I still wonder how much I gave up in durability going with 200. Any ideas?

Monday, April 19th 2004, 7:05am

insect spray

I considered putting in fertigation as I install my irrigation system, however, with two small boys, I've reconsidered. There has to be a health concern with a system that distributes fertilizer through the air once every two or three days. Proof that this shouldn't be a concern could sway my opinion though. The systems are convenient.

Tuesday, March 30th 2004, 2:46am

Lighting

Thanks for the tips.

Monday, March 29th 2004, 3:32am

Lighting

Is the Malibu Metal line that's available through Lowes and Home Depot, crap? I'm putting in an irrigation system and I plan on using the same trenches to wire for the low volt lighting. Should I be concerned with corrosion doing it this way? What guage wire would you recommend - some runs could be 150 from the transformer?

Monday, March 29th 2004, 3:23am

using two water sources

The products are exactly the same. I used the Rainbird products (item numbers were the same) from this web site - sprinlerwarehouse.com. There is no labor to figure into his prices since we were dealing with material only. I have found the Rainbird products (controllers, sprinkler heads, etc.) to be about 30% cheaper on this site. The only thing that he had a better price on was the PVC fittings. Both carry the manufactures warranty.

Saturday, March 20th 2004, 1:57am

using two water sources

He did come to the property. He even flagged out where the sprinkler heads would be. He seemed confident in his price before he left. That's the reason I'm a little shocked over his estimate. $700 more and I can have the system installed from another company that came out and gave me an estimate. I have been on-line to search some suppliers. I am finding some cheaper prices out there.

Friday, March 19th 2004, 6:43am

using two water sources

I had my local Rainbird supplier out to help me plan out the system. Paying a little extra for his expertise wouldn't bother me so much except for the fact that he left me with a $900 to $1100 estimate - his actual estimate came in at over $1800. I think this is excessive. Who has honest to goodness prices out there?

Wednesday, March 17th 2004, 7:01am

using two water sources

Several "outsiders" have tried to talk me into watering my lawn more efficiently. But, I guess the aggrivation isn't worth the money saved. Are most systems now installed with auto-feeding units? I'm considering it - any concerns I should have (clogs, dispertion, etc.)?

Monday, March 15th 2004, 8:25am

using two water sources

thanks - I guess I was trying to save a buck or two, but if you think the headache is inevitable, I'll go with the main hook-up.

Thursday, March 11th 2004, 4:22am

using two water sources

I am currently in the late planning stages of my sprinkler system. I have a small spring fed pond that I would like to use as my primary water source with the city water as a back-up. The pond is within 70 feet of an electrical source, so hooking up a pump should not be a problem. My city water main is on the other side of the house and I am unsure how to connect the systems so that I can switch back and forth between water sources. Any ideas? Am I looking for problems using pond water for my la...