You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 9:06pm

Author: donl1150

Pumping from a lake - Toro controller - Irritrol relay

Well, I just finished some testing. 24 volts from the AC transformer to the controller. 24 volts leaving the controller to the relay. 24 volts arriving at the relay. But the relay won't engage. When I press the little lever on the relay, it engages the 220v for the pump and the pump starts. Seems to me the relay is bad.....but I just bought it. I am stumped. don

Wednesday, September 7th 2011, 9:51pm

Thanks for the Ideas on the testing. Will give that a try tomorrow. As for clarification of relay location, both the controller and the relay are located in the garage however there is a wall between the two. Roughly 10 ft of wire between the two. don

Wednesday, September 7th 2011, 8:53pm

The relay is located in the attached garage 100 ft from the pump/pumphouse near the lake. As for electrical results on the system wiring, I would not know how. I did verify that 220v is available at the relay and does activate the pump if I manually press the little lever on the relay. I have not checked to see if 24v is leaving the controller or arriving at the relay. I think that is a next step. That, I think, would tell me if the controller needs replacement. Donn

Wednesday, September 7th 2011, 3:15pm

I have had a system for several years working just fine - pumping from a lake using a Toro controller and an Irritrol relay to control the pump. Recently, our neighbor had a direct lightning strike to their UG system blowing out all of THEIR valve covers and their controller in the house was fried. (luckily no house fire!). Our house is about 100 ft away however our UG systems abut one another on the common property line. No apparent damage to anything in our house - except the Direct TV receive...