You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 3:23pm

Author: underdown

Low water pressure, and water backflow at the Anti-Siphon valve

That's a good idea about a spring loaded check valve, if this is an ongoing thing I will do that. I assume I could then redirect the back flow water to somewhere preferable. No, the valve does not leak when they are running, it is only after I turn it off that water comes back up. And yes, I believe I turned the water back on all the way, never hurts to double check though. I have tried a few sprinkler heads, one of them was brand new. At the moment there is only one sprinkler head on this line ...

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 10:40am

I can see how there should be some water coming back out of the valve, but this is a large amount of water, it goes for maybe 1-3 mins after being shutoff, and it's around 1 Gallon of water that comes out. To be fair, I do currently have that particular sprinkler head temporarily up on a 1ft high riser (was using this to drain water up and away from the hole, so I wasn't dealing with a mud pit every time I troubleshoot). So that may account for the extra water coming back up. As far as a break, ...

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 11:52pm

Hello all, I just moved into a house with an existing irrigation system and I am trying to work out some issues. I have a sprinkler head which does not pop up and has low pressure. In addition, after the anti-siphon valve turns off, about 5-10 secs later, water will start pumping out of the vacuum breaker of the anti-siphon valve. I have removed the sprinkler head, and ran the zone to pump any debris out, then replaced the sprinkler head. I bought a new Rain-Bird jar top anti-siphon valve and re...