You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 5:22pm

Author: Billyp

One sprinkler zone drizzling when system is off

Quoted from "JimmyTheGlove" Run your system manually by way of the valves. Locate your valves inside your valve box. Turn one valve on at a time until you figure out which one controls the zone that is drizzling. I'd go ahead and just have them replace the entire valve. In my experience, it's never as easy as just fixing the diaphragm. It's probably time for a brand new one anyway. Problem! I have "NO" idea where the valve box is located. Isn't the entire piping system interlinked?

Monday, October 10th 2011, 1:54pm

Quoted from "Mitchgo" The valve to zone 2 more then likely has contamination inside (internally) and has now fauled up the valve. Locate the valve in question and take it apart- inspect the diaphram for damage and flush the valve. Recommend to replace the diaphram. Where abouts do you live? DeSoto, Tx, a suburb of Dallas. I will get a sprinkler company to do the repair. In years past I would do it myself but now I have only one usable arm making digging quite a challenge. Btw, where is the zone...

Saturday, October 8th 2011, 8:22pm

Today is an OFF day for our sprinkler system. By chance I discovered that all zone 2 sprinklers were drizzling (meaning very small amount) of water. I went to the master control panel and switched the system off. Even with the system manually switched off all zone 2 sprinklers continued to drizzle. I was forced to turn off the incoming water at the sprinkler system valve. Of course that action stopped the zone 2 drizzle. Your suggested source, solution and comments appreciated.