You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 8:44pm

Author: dtirey

Sprinkler zone starts, but then quits

Yeah Mrfixit, and I did. However, I was only taking resistance readings and the readings weren't necessary out of specs. That's why I used a toner. Thanks though for the help.

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 2:35pm

Problem solved. I retook resistance readings on all 7 wires in the cable. My common cable was reading pretty low and didn't get any tone on the continuty test, but the other 6 wires were good. So, I swapped it, rewired my valves and everything worked fine. If not, this would have sucked because when they ran he cable they didn't run it through PVC, so pulling the cable would have been impossible unless I tore up the concrete. Again, thanks everyone for your help. Dave

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 11:11am

Ok, all. I definetly have a wiring problem. I ran the extension cord to the sprinkler valves and hooked both controllers (old and new) on station. I then connected each station to the control, elminating the main cable. Everything worked perfectly. So, the good news is I can take back the new controller. My next task is to test each lead on the cable. Hopefully, I have a couple good ones. It will be suck to rerun that cable since it is under brand new concrete. FML

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 9:48am

I'm located in San Diego. Here is my plan today. I'm going to recheck all voltage and resistance readings. However, my first step is to elminate the wiring portion. I'm going to run an extension cord to the valves and hook each solenoid to the controller, elminating the wiring. This should tell me if I have a problem with the wiring. That being said, I had a pool installed a couple of months ago and I know the hit the wiring. Everything was fixed (spliced), and has worked fine every since. I hav...

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 6:25pm

I know I'm running the controller right, because I always run it the same way when testing sprinks. Especially living in CA, I have to manually run during the summer to make sure grass gets enought water when I see it is getting dried out.

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 6:23pm

I don't have a master valve besides the valve from the city to my sprinkler valves,....nothing that requires any wiring

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 5:05pm

I rewired everything....no luck. Not making since to me

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 2:57pm

Does have a master irrigation control valve in front yard. Manually started sprinks and tested valve coming from city. It works fine was open and feed water to sprinkler valves. Now, as far as the ground I'm not sure what you are talking about. There is only 1 ground wire from the AC adaptor to the controller. The adapter steps down the voltage to 120vac to 28vac. One the new controller I bought there was no ground wire at all. It had an easy plug adapter that plugged into the controller. Either...

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 2:38pm

It's city water. No filter online. I not for sure about a master valve or pump. With that being said, when it did turn on you could hear a loud "thud" of something kicking on in my wall. I have also took readings at the valves, and they are getting the voltage.

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 11:46am

All, I'm new to the site so first let me start off by saying hello. I'm a homeowner newbie that is in the military. I do have experience in electrical systems though. So, I have noticed when I wake up in the morning that my grass and driveway isn't wet as it should be since my irrigations system starts at 6am. I ran the system in manuel starting with zone 1. It began to run for about 1 minute and quit working. Tried to go to zone 2 and then zone 3 with no luck. I tried to restart zone 1 and it w...