You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 11:43am

Author: rocky

System malfunction

Thanks, will try that this weekend. Worse case, I will replace all the valves with better ones.

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 3:59pm

System malfunction

Yep, had the check book in hand when the "guy" with 25 years experience in irrigation told me he was stumped and would need to dig up the entire system to see where they were connected. Guess he did not believe me when I told him I have not dug up anything. Thanks for the suggestions. I will replace the valves to see if this corrects the problem. They are pretty old anyway.

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 8:43am

not sure what's wrong

I checked the solenoids and they are snug on all the valves. Yes, I must have a rain bird anti syphon on my system. When they come on, there is a squeeling noise that soon goes away after the sprinklers start. One this is that when 2, 4 and 5 are on, 4 and 5 make a bumping noise (best way I can explain it). Only does that when 2 is on.

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 8:39am

Not sure what's wrong

Ok, checked the system. It has watermaster valves and a rain bird controller. One thing the expert stated was that the valves or controller could not be bad due to the fact that when I manually turn on #2, 4 and 5 come on. He stated that if it was the valves, they would not do this in the manual mode. He also stated the valves were good due to turning on 4 or 5 manually worked correctly. He stated that they pipes from the valves have to be tied together with either a elbo or t connector. I assur...

Wednesday, February 29th 2012, 11:45am

Not sure what's wrong

Thanks for the input. I am not sure what anti-syphon is on this system or if I even have one. I have very limited knowledge about this type of thing and the system was installed when I moved in. I do know that when I turn on #2, #4 and 5 start making a noise and leak. They only do this when #2 comes on (both by controller and manually). I will get the data of type of system I have but I think it is all rainbird. When these are on, #2 seems to work well but there is lower pressure on #4 and 5.

Monday, February 27th 2012, 4:19pm

System malfunction

Hi All, I have a problem that has stumped the so called experts where I live. I have 6 valves, with each valve operating certain sprinklers. About two months ago, when #2 would come on, #5 would also come on and start leaking at the valve. All sprinklers on #2 and #5 would come one at the same time. When they finished and #5 comes on later, that is the only sprinklers that work. Two weeks ago, when #2 came on, #4 and #5 would also come on. This happens both when the controller operates the valve...