You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:32pm

Author: waketige25

Attaching pvc to pex

Thanks it got it all done, and I am ready to test the system tomarrow. Thanks for all the advice.

Saturday, June 26th 2004, 2:40pm

Attaching pvc to pex

I have dug out down to my service line, and I am ready to put my tee on. My house is supplied by a 3/4 pex (aquapex??, milky-clear flexible pipe), and I would like to attach a 'T' into it and run 1" schedule 40 pvc piping to my system. How do you do that and what different connections do you need? I am going to cut in between the meter and the house shut off. I have asked my local hardware stores, and they did not know. Thanks, Dylan

Sunday, March 28th 2004, 7:09am

Water pressure problem?

Thanks for the information, I will turn it back down, I can tap into the water supply line prior to the pressure regulator valve, which will give me approx 75-90 psi for the sprinkler system, and lower psi inside the house. Thanks again

Saturday, March 27th 2004, 9:45am

Trenching in very rocky soil

I have a very large yard, approx. 13,000 sq/ft. I went out and got bids to hire a professional to put in my system. First bid was 4400 dollars, which included about 6 zones, and partly due to the rocky soil. The question I have is, if I was to do the work my self with a Ditch Witch, about how big of rocks will it kick out, and would it be worth my time to do it myself? Rock size all the way from quarter size up to about cantalope size, with some bigger rocks in the yard, mostly river rock. And a...

Saturday, March 27th 2004, 9:31am

Water pressure problem?

Thanks for the information, I found the pressure regulating device and turned it up. I am getting a approx. 75 psi to my house now. Measured it off the same hose bib, and let a faucet run. Do I have to worry about too much pressure? I have a newer home (built in 2000, is it all right to turn it up all the way? Thanks again, I was getting a little worried I had a leak.

Friday, March 26th 2004, 8:13am

Water pressure problem?

****o, first timer with a question? I am currently looking at putting a sprinkler system in for my yard, and have very low water pressure at my house. I sit on a flag lot, approx 100' off the main road. My house is fed with a 3/4" pipe and is run off a 5/8" meter. Currently my water pressure is approx 40 psi at the hose bib, and very low gpm (gonna measure the gpm today). My question is, can anything be done to boost that pressure, or am i gonna have to change the meter and water line?. The city...