You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 9:38pm

Author: bird1984

Toro Sprinkler system will not come on

Thank you both. There was a rock in station number 9. Sprinkler system works great. You are absolutely correct, neatness does count. Lot of work, but well worth it. Really looking forward to using our sprinkler system versus dragging that hose around. This is an awesome site. Thank you .

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 7:46pm

Gentlemen, it ended up being the 9 valves. I have Toro Jar Top valves and rather than change the diaphrams, I ended up replacing them with Hunter valves. I now have another problem and based on the threads I have read her, sounds like I might have got a little dirt in the valves. When I turn on the zones 1 -7 individually, zones 8 and 9 come on as well, everytime. I think there is dirt keeping the diaphrams open..therefore, giving me low pressure on some of the heads. Besides that, sprinklers ar...

Monday, March 12th 2012, 6:35pm

Mr Fixit and Wetboots, I live in Amarillo,Tx. Not even close to the weather that you experience in NY. In addition, no one in my neighborhood experienced or is experiencing this issue. The houses were built the same year by the same builder. If it is the diaphrams that are stuck open, I can do the work myself, I just need to locate each valve. Your thoughts?

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 6:10pm

Mrfixit and Boots....no, I did not drain the sprinkler system. I am not sure where the master valve is at. Is it the same as the backflow system? I know where thats at. In regards to the professional not knowing where the valves were at, he made an assumption based on him trying to turn one individual station on at the controller and all the heads would slightly pop up and leak water. Therefore, he assumed that the diaghrams in each of the valves were stuck open.

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 12:01pm

There has not been any additional work done in our yard. Water does come out from all the sprinkler heads at the same time. I have not checked the bleeder on the valves. I did have a sprinkler guy come out about 6 months ago and he was just as puzzled. He stated since we had had a bad winter, that possibly the diaphram in each of the valves were frozen and remained open. He stated that I had 9 valves throughout the front and back yard and he would have to dig each one of them up and replace the ...

Friday, March 9th 2012, 9:10pm

I have a 9 zone Toro sprinkler system. When I attempt to turn on the sprinkler system, water just comes out of from all the sprinkler heads but none of the sprinkler heads actually pop up. Months ago, our local cable company had to replace the cable that runs to our house. I realized that they had hit one of the valves and ripped the wires off that run into the solenoid, would this prevent all of the other valves from working? Any advise is greatly appreciated.