You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Sunday, January 20th 2013, 8:14am

Author: rmonge00

More Questions...

Thanks so much for your help! I have a few more questions... So, do I need to make that t for the warm water faucets, below the frost line, or can I make it anywhere? If I need to make it below the frost line, then there is no way I can pitch the rest downhill, it will just be too deep! Also, what kind of stores do you recommend going to, to purchase supplies? Lowe's or Home Depot, or some other kind of irrigation wholesaler? Thanks again for your efforts... Ryan

Saturday, January 19th 2013, 9:45am

Questions before I install...

Hello, I want to run a water line from my house to my garden, where I want to install about 4-6 faucets to connect drip irrigation to. I would like to be able to use the first faucet in the line year-round because that one will service the greenhouse. What kind of cold weather precautions do I need to take? (our frost line is 18 inches and we go in and and out of light frosts all winter). Can I bury it all below frost line and set up a drain line for the first faucet (so it can drain water when ...

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 2:19pm

What type of pipe should I use as supply

Sorry. I live in Seattle, WA. It freezes about 60-100 days per year, but it is a light freeze. It never goes below 15 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything else you need to know? Thanks! Ryan

Saturday, September 1st 2012, 8:44pm

What type of pipe should I use as supply

I am running irrigation about 300 feet out from my well pump to my garden. What kind of pipe do people recommend for this and why? PEX? Polyethylene? PVC? Thanks so much for your help! Ryan

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 8:33am

Irrigation Project

Hello Everyone, I live on 3 acres and would like to extend some irrigation out to my garden area (which is about 1/4 acre). My plan is to tap into the 3/4" copper piping that runs out to my outdoor faucet (flow rate is 6gpm) and run a line from that out to the garden. It will be about 200 yards of total piping and I want to use schedule 40 PVC. My main question is this: If all I want to do is set up taps or faucets at the end of those lines (I am thinking that I will have maybe 6 faucets), do I ...