You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Sunday, August 29th 2004, 5:43am

Author: SamIV

how to skip zones, hunter proC

Glad this helped you. Easily overlooked unless you are in the business and do this day in and day out. SamIV

Tuesday, August 24th 2004, 1:34am

how to skip zones, hunter proC

Look to see if you have time on Program B & C for theses zones. SamIV

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 5:10pm

will this work

RVLI Say there are 6 heads on a zone all with 2 GPM (Galons per Minute) nozzles. This will be a 12 GPM zone. To size the pipe at the first head in this zone, the pipe will have to be able to deliver 12 GPM of water with as little pressure loss as possible. When you go to the next head the pipe will have to deliver 10 GPM. . By the time you get to the last head on the zone the pipe will have to deliver only 2 GPM because that is all the last head is delivering. So this is why pipe can be smaller ...

Sunday, June 13th 2004, 4:33pm

RainBird 42SA and 32SA rotors

GC, you need to go to the RainBird home page and click on Contractor Installed and you will find the 5000 and the 5000 plus. You are looking at a retail product. Might very well be the same as the 5000 as RVLI has suggested. SamIv

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 5:11pm

How do you guys go about low voltage lighting?

waterpilot, I purchase my products from a local distributor. Most irrigation distributors and several electrical distributors in my area sell low voltage lighting. Malibu is not a product a lighting contractor should be installing. The product is meant for a diy'er. I'm assuming you are not a lighting contractor. There are too many manufacturers to mention and by no means are these the only higher end manufacturers, but here are a few - FX Luminaire, Hadco, Vista, Cast, SPL, Nightscaping, Unique...

Thursday, May 27th 2004, 6:33pm

The address for FX Luminaire is www.fxl.com. Best manufacturer's site for education on low voltage. SamIV

Thursday, May 27th 2004, 6:26pm

Unless you know how the total property is going to be lighted, I think you might be wasting your time. People who try this usually end up with the wrong size wire, not enough wire runs, or just too much wire. Just make sure you have sleeves put in to avoid boring if you can. Make sure the sleeves are large enough. Several runs of 8 or 10 gauge wire will fill up one inch conduit real quick. Most manufacturers suggest using the T or hub method of wiring. One very good site is the FX Luminaire site...

Thursday, April 15th 2004, 4:44pm

As BSME suggested, don't bother running your wire in conduit. This will only make you job harder. Remember, it is only 12 volts or less. Lighting is designed very similar to irrigation. All zones as you might call them sould be center fed or looped or use hub method. No daisy chaining. Only use 80% of transformer rating. Wire sizing similar to pipe sizing. The larger the wire, the longer runs you can have, higher amp ratings, less resistance (less voltage drops). All circuts or zones, the number...

Saturday, March 27th 2004, 12:48am

Master Valve Benefit

Not wanting to start an arguement here, but I disagree. A master valve is a plus for for your system. The cost is minimal and piece of mind is hard to beat. But to each his own. SamIV

Saturday, March 27th 2004, 12:35am

Got my order from sprinklerwarehouse, need help...

The Blazing Saddle fitting for PVC will not pierce schedule 40 pipe. Will work on class 200 PVC though. If you are set on using schedule 40, you will need to get a glue on fittings or saddles. SamIV