You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 9:17am

Author: fenwood5000

best sprinkler head for this application

hi.todd & wet_boots, I capped one of the 4 Rain Bird 5000 heads and the pressure increased to 30 psi. I am now going to replace all four nozzles in the zone. They are the original 3.0, do you have any recommendations for replacement nozzles. Perhaps I should try 2.0 rain curtain nozzles?

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 3:59pm

23 psi is showing at the "head" not at pump discharge! With zone and head operating

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 10:48am

Wet_Boots I just checked the pressure of that zone with the 4 heads running and it's 23 lbs. Is this adequate?

Sunday, March 25th 2012, 9:22am

RE: pressure

Correction, Sorry that is a 1 HP pump! Quoted from "fenwood 5000" Wet_Boots I'm going to check the pressure @ head which is supplied from a well by a 2 HP pump with 4 Rain Bird 5000 heads 3/4" IPS inlets on this zone! I'll get back to you with the reading

Saturday, March 24th 2012, 9:31am

If I could achieve ( Distribution Uniformity) @35' it would be good but the 5000 shoots right over the closer in grass and hits the shrubs @ 35' but misses the closer in grass perhaps the 42SA might work better? http://store.rainbird.com/product/detail/W42003.aspx [url='http://store.rainbird.com/product/detail/W That rain bird nozzle is a pretty even DU ( Distribution Uniformity) . It's actually designed to work just fine fully open and shoot 35'. However, that is in conjunction with a properly ...

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 5:20pm

GatorGuy The nozzle that is in the existing Rain Bird 5000 is a 3.0 when you suggest replacing the nozzle I'm thinking you mean with a bigger nozzle like 6.0/8.0? Thanks for your help!

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 2:21pm

Thanks for your replies! When the irrigation installation was done they pretty much stretched the 6 zone package to cover what should have been done by 8 zones. I wasn't here during construction but this is what I was told after the fact? So I have to maximize the six zones. The 5000 will water the scrubs @ 35' fine without being choked(by adjusting the screw downward in front of the stream) but then overshoots the grass closer to head. If I choke(this is not a irrigation term I'm sure) it down ...

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 9:26am

I'm using a Rain Bird 5000 and it will not cover in close and 30' away I tried the range of adjustment but it seems it's either in close or far away can't do both? Rain Bird has another 3/4" IPS that will replace this one, 5500 Series Rotor that they advertise will help? Any helpful suggestions will be greatly appreciated