You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 10:27am

Author: intel

Need some help.. what is this piece?

Yeah sure, I first went with a 4 zone Fimco indexing valve and a Hunter PGV anti-siphon valve. Fimco is a local company in Florida and their indexing valves are found in most of the hardware stores like Lowes and Home Depot. I messed up on the initial install and didn't tighten one of the threaded inlets enough so I had a leak at the inlet of the anti-siphon valve. I thought hand tightening the threaded inlet in addition to some teflon paste would be sufficient... oh how I was mistaken. I alread...

Wednesday, April 18th 2012, 8:09pm

Hey guys, thanks for all the help. I ended up replacing both the anti-siphon valve and the indexing valve. Everything ended up really good. I just have one last question. The anti-siphon valve (Rain Bird JTV/ASF-100) leaks water from the top of the vacuum breaker when I turn it off, is this normal? When the unit is initially off there are no leaks.. I then run it for a while still no leaks.. then when I turn it off sometimes water comes out from the top of the vacuum breaker. The vacuum breaker ...

Saturday, March 24th 2012, 6:07pm

Hey, There are indeed four zones. If I were to modernize the system what would this entail? Would I have to fabricate something from pvc to split the one water source into four? Also, where would the other ends of the antisyphon valves go, would I remove the indexing valve and connect each antisyphon valve to a corresponding tube? I will be able to replace the solenoid, the wiring is pretty straight forward so I might opt to get the antisyphon valve you suggested. Again, I appreciate your reply.

Saturday, March 24th 2012, 2:40pm

Hey, I am in the process of replacing the control valve for the sprinkler system in my mom's house. I ended cutting the pvc pipes as shown below. I was thinking of ordering a Rain Bird DAS/ASVF-100 anti siphon valve. My first question is that will this end connect to the siphon valve that I want to order? This end shown below originates from the sprinkler timer (Rain Bird ESP-6) and attached to the old control valve. My second question is what is the teal colored device on the right and is it re...