You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

Friday, May 18th 2012, 8:57am

Author: MrGrumpy

Help with Drip-System Design

Thanks guys. Now another question related to fittings. Rainbird offers two types of fittings to use with their dripline; XF Insert (barbed) fittings and Easy Fit Compression. Anyone have any experience using either of these two and if so, which ones do you prefer?

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 4:50pm

Help with Drip-System Design

My backyard has shrubbery planted around the entire perimeter and next to the house with 2 spray zones used to water everything. The shrubs have grown to the point that many of the spray heads only water one bush/tree instead of the intended 4-5. Most of the plants have matured to the point where I don't think extending, adding, and repositioning spray heads to get good coverage is the way to go. Thus, I think I want to convert these zones to drip zones. I have about 130 plants with a wide range...

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 1:24pm

Removing a sprinkler head and capping off.

I need remove a couple of spray heads from a zone. Is it safe to use those hose end ("figure 8" ) jobs to clamp off the swing pipe or do I need to dig all the way to the lateral line and screw in a plug there?

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 1:13pm

Using Snap Tee's

Gator, I don't know if i want to be the guinea pig or not, I'm still debating on what to do. My gut is telling me to use a regular tee fitting. Thx

Friday, April 20th 2012, 9:26pm

Using Snap Tee's

I meant to say extend a zone versus add a new one. Sorry!

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 2:13pm

Using Snap Tee's

Does anyone have any experience using a PVC snap tee to connect into an existing lateral line? I need to create another zone and using a snap tee sure seems easier than installing a regular tee. Just curious about the durabililty of a snap tee.

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 6:23pm

Half of my spray heads will not pop-up.

I am working....On trying to fix this sprinkler system..ha ha More info, instead of diving into installing a fitting to allow me to measure the pressure on the active side of the zone, I replaced one head that had severe blow-by. When I turned it on, the new 4" head only came up about 3".

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 12:51pm

"Zone Pressure", that is what I have been curious about all along. I may just bite the bullet and install a threaded T in the lateral after the zone valve and measure the pressure. That would tell me for sure what I'm dealing with. If I decide to measure the pressure after the zone valve, is operational pressure all I'm interested in or do I need a static pressure as well?

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 10:07am

Wet_Boots, What exaclty do you mean "out-drawing the water supply"? Are you talking too much flow? If flow rate is what you are referring to, how do I determine the "target" flow rate for the zone? I said I measured 23gpm; am I shooting for 20, 15, 10 gpm?

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 7:24am

Fixit, Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, on the spray heads that do not pop up, if I manually pull the risers up they will remain up until the zone cuts off. So it sounds like they are worn out, right, so I should replace?

Wednesday, April 11th 2012, 4:36pm

All, I just moved into a new home (not new construction). When I turn on the sprinkler zone for the backyard, only about half of the spray heads pop up (Rainbird 1800, 4” risers). Upon further inspection, most of the spray bodies are buried about 1.5-2 inches below the top of the dirt. I know the previous owner had the yard re-sodded and when they laid the sod they failed to raised the spray bodies. I figured, since the sprayers were so far down in the dirt, over time the dirt and debris have ru...