You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Monday, April 22nd 2002, 10:51am

Author: DJORaziel

Tapping main line.

THanks for all the help. I actually did this stuff before you replied but i did what ya said. The copper T and the 3/4" female adapter i have is soldered and working great. the 3/4" pvc elbow i screwed into the copper is leaking a TAD, i just see small drops on the connection, but it's not like FLOWING. i got all the other assembly done too, hopefully i did it good enough it looks sort of crappy but that's what i get for doing it myself. and holy CRUD, it took my father and I 8 hrs to get the fr...

Tuesday, April 16th 2002, 8:32am

Tapping main line.

hmmm i guess we will never know i have opted to just use a 3/4" by 3/4" copper Tee. just gonna hack off the length of the T and solder the tee in there. then i got a 3/4" female adapter to just screw in some 3/4" pvc elbow to go up to my pvb. ill let ya know how it turns out gonna attempt this this weekend.

Wednesday, April 10th 2002, 9:28am

Tapping main line.

so i can't use the hose bib. ggrrr i called a few sprinkler companies, they didn't want to "get it started for me" and let me do the rest. and i called a plumber but they said like 200 bucks. so i guess i need to just take a regular copper 3/4" tee that goes out at 3/4" and solder or weld or whatever that into the main line? just curious what's wrong with using the hose bib?

Tuesday, April 9th 2002, 2:13pm

Tapping main line.

ok lemme ask this. with that 3/4 main there, it's T'd off going into the house, then to a hose bib. can i just connect to the hose bib, use that as a shut off value and then just screw pvc into it and go to the PVB from there?

Tuesday, April 9th 2002, 12:40pm

Tapping main line.

ok yes i do live in warm climate, florida and ok, i guess what i need to find is a compression T that's 3/4" that goes to 3/4" the only ones i saw were 3/4" to 1/2" then i can put in a shut off valve. ok. i guess that's what i will do. thanks. also, i looked at home depot, they have 3/4" X 3/4" compression T's if i can just FIND one. if i get that, that can be installed vertical? on the pipe, just after the shut off right? that way i can go off it, now do i need to put that shut off ball valve b...

Tuesday, April 9th 2002, 11:04am

Tapping main line.

doh. i already called a plumber and they want to charge me $200 for it. i dont mind welding if i have to. but is that what i do? just cut a section in the pipe and weld in a copper T? the only one i could find at home depot was a 3/4 that has a 1/2 output. so i got some 1/2 pipe to cut a small snip, then a 1/2 to 3/4 female screw adapter so i could screw in a 3/4" elbow pvc to go to my PVB. what's the best way to get the copper T into the copper pipe and should it be before the main water shut o...

Tuesday, April 9th 2002, 8:31am

Tapping main line.

Help. I am not sure, but I have a 5/8" water meter that is in a small strip of grass on the other side of my sidewalk near the road. it's in between my house and the neighbors. now I am not sure, but I assume I have either 5/8" mainline copper pipe or 3/4" mainline copper pipe. There is a pipe that comes up from the ground about 2" and it's tee'd at the top, going into the house, then to a hose bib. I am having the darndest time figuring out how to tap into the main line. where should I tape it ...