You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Sunday, October 1st 2006, 4:53am

Author: jrm

GFCI occasionally tripping

I have 5 zones including a low-volume drip zone. The controller (Rainbird ESP) is plugged into a GFCI-protected outlet in the garage. From time to time, the GFCI trips after the drip zone has been active for about 25-30 minutes according to the time remaining on the controller. One time the controller itself detected a fault and displayed a generic error message for that zone but the GFCI did not trip. I've checked the wiring connections for that zone and didn't see anything dodgy. I even redid ...

Friday, July 16th 2004, 5:58am

Installation and potential tree root damage?

Hi. After getting several estimates, I finally picked an installer about a month ago and got placed on their waiting list. This company uses the "trenchless" installation method. None of the installers I interviewed seemed to have any reservations about tree roots and one guy even offered to have his team hand dig if they need to run a line near a tree. Earlier this week I had a certified arborist do some work on a couple of my trees and while chatting I mentioned that I was looking to have a sp...

Friday, April 2nd 2004, 7:53am

Installing a drip irrigation system

After spending entirely too much time the last couple years manually watering the landscaping around the house, I've decided to install some sort of drip irrigation system this year. What I envision is three to four zones using poly tubing at ground level covered with mulch. <b>Q1</b>: What is the typical lifespan of, say, 1/2" poly tubing (let's say Rainbird 700 series or Toro blue stripe) if it's covered with mulch? My original plan was to have an irrigation company install the backflow preven...