You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 2:53pm

Author: whitty

water pressure

The main line water pressure is 100, which I believe is roughly reduced by 15 by each sprinkler head (reduced by 60 by the 4 sprinklers in zone 2 and reduced by 45 by the 3 sprinklers in zone 1). I have a 15psi regulator on each of the two drip lines in zone 3, but have not confirmed the pressure. I have noticed a small leak in the polytube roughly 10 feet from the PVB and the first valve tee which obviously would cause a pressure issue. Perhaps when I fix this, the water pressure issue will be ...

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 2:33pm

RPZ fix a pressure problem?

I have actually disassembled the PVB unit previously, but this did not fix the problem. I believe it is a pressure problem as the issue only occurs when I start the 4 sprinkler zone. Would a reduced pressure assembly have any impact on this issue or would a pressure issue remain? Last year I had some success with closing one of the valves on the PVB to at least decrease the potential water leaking from the top, but still it wasn't 100% reliable. Unfortunately, I have not been able to replicate i...

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 2:23pm

RPZ installation & testing

I currently have a PVB backflow preventer, but I am looking to install a fertilizer injection tank so it seems I need to go the route of RPZ. I had one plumber install the PVB which worked well, but then I didn't winterize it and it ended up cracking. I had another plumber install the second one and I don't think they knew how to test it. Who would test a RPZ if I installed one? An irrigation company or a plumber? In looking at the R value factors for the insulating pouches, I wouldn't feel comf...

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 2:01pm

controller & water shut-off

Thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to explore the master valve & flow control set-up. I have actually take water pressure reading for each zone, but cannot recall what the pressure is when each zone runs. The 4 sprinkler uses more pressure than the other two so I might remove one of the sprinkler heads in the back (reducing 4 to 3) as well. Rain bird brass valve $78.09 Hunter-Sprinker-Flow-Clik-Sensor-Tee $172.44 I have not decided which controller to get yet. Upon further research, it ...

Friday, April 20th 2012, 8:09am

Controller & water flow shut-off options

I have a Watts PVB backflow preventer. My installed system is a small 4 zone system in a small lot. Zone 1: 3 sprinklers in the front, Zone 2: 4 sprinklers in the back and Zone 3: 2 drips lines. I am also installing a small fertilizer injector. My problem is with leakage appearing to be coming from the bell cover, which possibly can be attributed to a pressure issue. The problem doesn't occur when the low pressure driplines are running, but will occur when the sprinklers first start. Troubleshoo...