You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Tuesday, May 4th 2004, 3:55pm

Author: m7317

Manual Drain or Blow Out?!?

That is the way i will probably go, just for the fact that all the water in the lines drains everytime the zone is shut off. What would be the best type of blow-out port to install, a pvc tee with a threaded end, or would you do something like a copper hose bib after the PVB?!? Thanks.

Monday, April 26th 2004, 6:02pm

Manual Drain or Blow Out?!?

I am designing a system for my yard and need to know some more details about the goods and bads of manual drain vs. blow out systems. Basicly, the front yard will be very flat, and the back yard will have good downward slope. Any information about designing and installing both systems would help a great deal. Thanks.

Sunday, April 18th 2004, 4:50pm

Blow - Out System

That is what I thought too, i just ran a 1" copper water line from my meter to the out side. (installed a shut off vavle and an inline hose bib connecter to drain the water out of the line in the winter. Is a hose bib the most common type of blow out connecter?!?

Friday, April 16th 2004, 1:32pm

Blow - Out System

Is it ok to blowout a system through the backflow, or is it better to do it after?!? What is the most common blowout attachment on a system?!? Thanks.

Friday, April 16th 2004, 11:59am

Pressure Loss Question

Excellent, that is the way I understand the fittings charts. If you can help, I got one more questions reguarding pressure. Is it better to connect all the heads in one run of poly pipe, or is it better to split the zone up with a tee into two halfs?!? Meaning, if i have six heads in a zone, should they all be connect in one run after the valve, or should they be split into two, three head sections after the valve?!?

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 2:04pm

Pressure Loss Question

I have found tables, but i'm not sure if i understand them correctly. Example, say you loose 2 psi for every 100 feet of pvc pipe, would the pressure loss for a pvc 90 be something like (2/100=.02psi assuming that a 90 is equal too 1 foot of pvc pipe)?!? Am i understanding this correctly?!?

Friday, April 9th 2004, 3:15pm

Pressure Loss Question

Is there a major pressure loss when you have a barbed 90 or tee in a zone, or any kind of 90 or tee?!? Example: If i come off the first head with a tee and goto another head on the left and 2 on the right. Example: H------H--------H | | | | | H | Valve Manifold Thanks.

Wednesday, April 7th 2004, 6:17pm

Pressure + GPM

thanks for all the help!!!

Tuesday, April 6th 2004, 12:14pm

Pressure + GPM

wouldn't the gpm for 3/4 pipe be 5.65 (3.4 gpm from 1/2" + 2.25 gpm upgrading to 3/4" using the formula)?!? Am I correct in assuming that the pressure would be the same reguardless of pipe size (1/2" or 3/4")?!? If I got 40psi on 1/2, it would be 40psi on 3/4? Thanks for all the help!!

Monday, April 5th 2004, 4:21pm

Pressure + GPM

My static pressure at the closest hose bib to my meter (in house) is 50 psi. Using the toro psi/gpm manifold set, i only get 3.4 - 4 gpm at 35 psi witch i know is low. My home supply after the meter is 3/4" copper, and the hose bib outside i know is 1/2". Is there a formula or table to tell me what my gpm would be off of 3/4" or is there a big difference?!? Can I turn up my water regulator (max setting of 80 psi) to get a better working pressure or gpm?!? Also, is it better to run 1" poly after ...

Monday, April 5th 2004, 4:19pm

Supply Line and GPM Question

My static pressure at the closest hose bib to my meter (in house) is 50 psi. Using the toro psi/gpm manifold set, i only get 3.4 - 4 gpm at 35 psi witch i know is low. My home supply after the meter is 3/4" copper, and the hose bib outside i know is 1/2". Is there a formula or table to tell me what my gpm would be off of 3/4" or is there a big difference?!? Can I turn up my water regulator (max setting of 80 psi) to get a better working pressure or gpm?!? Also, is it better to run 1" poly after ...