You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Monday, May 14th 2012, 12:12pm

Author: MP1975

Rainbird - Hunter or Orbit....

Just wondering what most people feel are the best heads to use. Very green to this sprinkler repair / maint business and would rather see what the people who know use. Recently purchased Orbit and I'll keep my opinion to myself for now. Thanks in advance.

Monday, May 14th 2012, 12:07pm

Zone 3 heads do not pop fully up.

I ended up digging the first two heads and piping to check for leaks "thinking" it seemed damper then the rest of the yard. I figured that where the leak was....none was found. I disconnected the heads, cleaned them, put the heads back on and the pressure is much better. The heads raise about 3/4 of the way. So to be honest not 100% sure what the cause was but something did help. TYVM for the response.

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 4:04pm

Leaky head after system is turned off .

Seeing that the zone is not that large and waiting 1/2 hr or so and the drip continued I just replaced the valve. The end sprinkler does stay on for a few seconds, maybe a minute, then shuts right off with the new valve. This matter is now closed. Other thread is my last problem left. That I know and for now. lol TYVM for the help.

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 1:43pm

On city water and the valve I replaced in zone 3 was the entire valve. Cheap enough and the system is about 15 years old or better. Figured it couldn't hurt. Will try leaving the water on to see if the dripping stops eventually or not. I do know in the past it never dripped when the zone was shut off. Still wort a shot. I did buy a new valve if the dripping continues. Thanks again.

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 10:55am

Zone 3 heads do not pop fully up.

The sprinkler heads in zone 3 do not pop fully up like my other 2 zones. "Assuming" since they are coming from the same water feed the pressure is strong enough and ensuring none of the heads are leaking etc etc kind of puzzled. I also checked the on / off manual setting on the control valve to make sure it was fully on , which it is. Thanks again for the help.

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 10:37am

TYVM for the quick reply. I had that problem in zone 3 and replaced the valve and all the heads stopped dripping the only difference is "ALL" the heads dripped a bit in zone 3 when the system was turned off which is not the case in zone 2 that's why I ruled out the control valve. "NOT" that I know for sure just seemed like a different situation. The one other thing I just noticed sitting on my deck and thinking about it, that head is at the lowest point in that zone. If that helps.

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 10:17am

Hello all ! New here so I will try to be as informative as possible. My sprinkler system has 3 zones and was not operational for roughly 4 years. I replaced /repaired the heads that needed attention zone by zone and have 2 zones working perfectly except for one minor (I hope) detail. The very last head in zone 2 drips when the system is turned off. There are 5 heads in zone 2. I replaced the head with one I know that works with the same result I also tried a brand new head with the same result. ...