You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 67.

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 4:14am

Author: BSME

Febco 765 Problems

that's interesting sprinklerguy... I'd say almost half of the poppet and bonnets we get that snap here also need that plastic check valve replaced too. Does water freeze different in MI? I guess in CO you get more quick freezes as when it freezes here it usually freezes for a few days. I guess realistically I'd have too many ball valves and check valves if I did it this way but I'm definitely buying as many units as I need check valves. (only downside is now I don't get that nice little packet o...

Tuesday, March 20th 2007, 3:33am

Febco 765 Problems

I dont know what prices you are looking at. But it's cheaper for me to buy the whole 765 then the poppet and bonnet kit and the check assembly kit. Plus you get a shiny new "bell" on top. and if you got a split in your ball valves then you have that too. anyway... I decided I'm not buying poppet and bonnets anymore. I'm going to just buy the whole units by the pallet

Tuesday, March 6th 2007, 12:43pm

Teflon tape?

ahhhhhhhh WetBoots and sprinklerguy sitting in a tree!!!!!! I'm going going to the "other" place and telling "the mac"

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 7:21am

Valve problem

I would just dig up that elbow and take it apart.... start running it from there. You may have to do it again if you hit a Tee but after a couple holes you should be able to find what's blocking you

Tuesday, February 27th 2007, 4:54am

Spray Heads- New Line

I like the questions you're asking. My bet is that if you size your pipe correctly you'll be ok and wont be misting. How many heads are you putting on that line (i may have missed it if you already said). What I would do is to put a valve on that has a flow control so that if you are misting you can turn it down at the valve.

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 12:11pm

Valve problem

boots is right.. but if you narrow it down to where you think the pipe is obstructed that steel fish tape works. b/c you probably dont have a wire locator to follow that fish tape you can have somebody on one end keep hitting the fish tape against whatever is preventing it from going any further while someone else walks around listening for the banging... you should be able to find it easily this way... although the first couple stops could be Ts or elbows

Monday, February 19th 2007, 1:52pm

Valve problem

If you have some steel fish tape you can start fishing it through the pipe right after the valve and see if gets stuck before it gets to the first sprinkler head. but yea... check for a major break first. open the valve and if you cant find anything leaking from walking around check the water meter to see if it's flowing nicely. make sure you put that valve on the right way... there's an arrow for the direction the water needs to flow

Monday, February 19th 2007, 1:47pm

HUNTER PRO-SPRAY SERIES

I like the rainbird nozzles

Sunday, February 18th 2007, 3:53am

Valve problem

probably the diaphragm... might be tree roots pinching off a line

Friday, December 1st 2006, 4:41am

working with poly

get a rubber mallet. I'll cheat with a torch sometimes in the cold.... but you have to be careful. why do you want to straighten the pipe? If you are laying it in an open trench just roll it in and pack dirt on it every few feet.

Sunday, July 30th 2006, 7:27am

System Repeats Cycle

check the different start times... you probably have two start times set at the same time so that when one is done it wants to run the other one that it missed

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 5:45pm

Rotors vs. Popups

you'll never make it in this business wetboots

Tuesday, May 9th 2006, 6:46pm

Commercial Grades?

haha I gotta start stopping by more often... I'm surprised a certain somebody didn't mention brain surgery

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 3:15pm

Imperial Valet Timer wiring

to avoid getting real technical... I think you would be best off just hooking them all up and seeing in what order they come on... then switching them around

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 4:06am

Best pvc cutters?

This isn't the man, myth, and legend that makes the famous sucktube that you are always preaching about is it? If it is... I have always meant to get my hands on one of those... I'd like one "Tony from AZ sent me" discount... kidding... I do want one though sprinklerguy... I'll search both sites for "sucktube" but if I don't find it can you send me the link again?

Friday, April 14th 2006, 11:21am

Febco 765 1"

it probably had freeze damaage before you turned it on... I bet if you would have checked before hand it was already in pieces

Wednesday, April 12th 2006, 5:45am

No power

just making sure you know the outlet is working... i know it's an obvious step

Wednesday, April 12th 2006, 5:41am

Rain Bird ES-6

sprinklerguy may be on to something... if you dont have a multimer unhook the zone 2 wire from the timer... run the other four zones... the fuse probably won't blow... go find the zone 2 solenoid and disconnet the wires there... hook the zone 2 wire back up to the timer and run it again... it still probably won't blow which means the timer and wire are good... replace the solenoid