You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 12:01pm

Author: 4U2NVME

Do I need Hunter Pump Relay Start

Quoted from "electrifiedmale" Quoted from "4U2NVME" Who'd knew it take so long to install an irrigation system, 4 days, 15- 18 hour days and still going... getting a bit tired LOL. I feel your pain. I did every inch of mine, I mean all of it, by myself. 47 heads, 9 zones and about 1300 feet of trenching. Took me a little over 2 months working all day on weekends and most weekdays after work till dark. dd experience is something learned just after you needed it most WOW 47 heads, I'm done for th...

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 12:14am

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" The pump creates increased pressure. The pressure tank stores that pressure. The check valve upstream of the pump isolates that increased pressure from the supply source. This increased pressure exists throughout the part of the system upstream of the zone valves, and that means improved zone valve reliability. Thanks for the information, I have installed a check valve just as you stated. Who'd knew it take so long to install an irrigation system, 4 days, 15- 18 hour day...

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 12:24pm

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" No relay needed, with pressure switch control. For an above-ground pump feeding a pressure tank, I'd locate a check valve on the pump's suction side. Thanks Wetboots, I have 15PSI of head coming to the pump, its on an irrigation system, do I still put the check valve before the pump??

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 1:49am

HI all, Ok sounds like a silly topic, but if I'm using the Irritol PC sprinkler controller, a pressure tank and pressure tank switch, do I need to use the Hunter Pump relay start, or will the pressure tank switch cut my pump in and out as my pressure tank drops below the designated pressure setting? Other quick question, do I put a check valve in my system after my pump, but before my pressure tank if I am using a pump? Thanks all. 4U2NVME.

Wednesday, June 19th 2013, 1:33pm

Installing New Irrigation System at House - Help Please.

Hello all, I have been looking around the internet for a week or so looking for a good source to show me how to piece my pump and controllers and wiring together. I am designing my system to flow about 35 GPM, I am on an irrigation system that provides in excess of 60GPM at a head of 15psi already. I have a RedLion RLSP-200 2HP pump, will be running it at 220V I purchased a Irritrol PC Controller ( http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-PC-Control-s/93.htm ). I'm adding a pressure tank ( 5 -...

Monday, June 11th 2012, 2:00am

Another Pump Question

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" If your zones ran two minutes each, you'd be done in less than half an hour. {in other words, not enough information} LOL, thank you helpful, your math seems accurate. What did you need to know.

Sunday, June 10th 2012, 3:28pm

Another Pump Question

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" For an acre-and-a-half, 50 gpm is overkill, even on sandy soil. 20 gpm would do just fine, which keeps you with standard 1-inch zone valves. This also changes the pump situation. You can use a 1 HP jet pump, which gains more pressure in exchange for delivering less flow. As for the system drawing, it lacks a scale, so no one on the internet can know exactly what you are looking at. You need to add a line with inch markings. Attached is my rought scale drawing. I laid out...

Friday, June 8th 2012, 2:15am

How many zones can a single zone on a controller run

Quoted from "GatorGuy" If you don't mind me asking, was your design done by someone local or did you send it off to Rain Bird/Toro, etc? I've found local designers use fewer zones as they have a better feel for the property. How big an area? 23 might be right. Figuring your average residential controller then technically yes, you can try and run two zones/solenoids off of one connection in your controller. It will probably work for a while. The key question is "how long is 'a while'?" Definitel...

Friday, June 8th 2012, 2:06am

Another Pump Question

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Your numbers do not work, if you want economy. With economy first, you give up on 50+ psi in your system, and settle for about 40+ psi. This allows you to apply a simple centrifugal pump as a booster, because those pumps move good volume as long as the boost is 30 psi or so. For instance, a 1.5 HP centrifugal could boost a 50 gpm flow by 35 psi. The key question, is how many acres are you watering? Flat ground? Thanks for your Reply, I am watering about 1.5 acers and the...

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 1:58am

Another Pump Question

Hello all, I am currently looking to purchase a pump that will not break the bank. I am drawing water from an irrigation district, the specifics of what I am getting is as follows GPM - 60+ PSI - 13 - 15 psi Will be covered in a 10 * 16 Shed. The questions I have are, What is a good pump that can handle lets say 50 GPM with a working pressure of about 50 - 55 PSI? Because my head or static pressure is at 15 PSI already, does that mean I only need a booster pump that is capable of only boosting 4...

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 1:11am

Filtering Irrigation water

Hey all, I currently live on a small acerage and I have irrigation water rights. So I am provided with about 45 GPM flow of water. If I put a filter http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/T-Style-Screen-Filters-s/152.htm on my system, would I still need to install scrubber valves? Thanks -NV

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 1:06am

How many zones can a single zone on a controller run

Hi all, Just got my design back for my acreage and I think I will want it changed but currently it has 23 zones!!! I am on irrigation water so I get 50 GPM so if my pipe sizing is correct I should be able to run multiple zones at once. So my question is: Lets say I have a single zone controller ( in fact I won't ) but lets say I did, how many zones or silanoid would it be able to trigger on and off at the same time. Thanks -NV