You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 9:03pm

Author: SWProf

Water Output Inconsistent Unless 2 Zones are Open

Thanks for the info. The pump is a Simer model # 3420P 2 HP Thermoplastic Sprinkler System Pump. I don't see or hear anything that suggests a pressure switch. Am I missing something?

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 8:45pm

Looked up the performance charts on the Simer 2 hp pump. Seems to indicate that the gpm lowers when the psi increases. Could this explain why opening a second zone increases water output?

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 4:28pm

No tank on this system. The pump pulls from the creek and pushes straight thru the lines.

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 8:43am

I'm working on an older toro system that hasn't been working for a few years. Replaced the pump (from a creek) and the controller. System starts fine but the pressure through each of the 5 zones goes up and down, rotors spray anywhere from 4-30 ft. I know that sounds like inconsistent water pressure. But if I open a second zone with the bleeder valve while the first is on, both zones show very consistent optimal spray from all the heads on both zones. I can do this through the entire set of zone...

Friday, June 15th 2012, 5:49pm

Odd Problem: Inconsistent spray in all zones unless a second zone is opened

I'm working on an older toro system that hasn't been working for a few years. Replaced the pump (from a creek) and the controller. System starts fine but the pressure through each of the 5 zones goes up and down, rotors spray anywhere from 4-30 ft. I know that sounds like inconsistent water pressure. But if I open a second zone with the bleeder valve while the first is on, both zones show very consistent optimal spray from all the heads on both zones. I can do this through the entire set of zone...