You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 5:34pm

Author: TNF

Nelson in-ground sprinkler replacement

Quoted from "wsommariva" Plastic. When you screw them in tight they get deformed. Ok. Thank you very much. Picked up all the parts I should need (in various sizes since I don't know what I'm going to dig up). I appreciate the help.

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 6:59pm

Quoted from "wsommariva" Interesting. Maybe remove the fitting that is in the ground and replace with one that fits the Rainbird. Thanks. I was hoping it wouldn't take that much work. That maybe someone would just say "oh, you can't put a Rain Bird on a Nelson fitting", so I could just go find a Nelson instead... but at closer look I think the threads are deformed or something. Even tho the Nelson head goes on fine.

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 5:52pm

Hi, I am hoping someone can explain what is happening. A neighbor ran over one of my sprinkler heads recently with his lawnmower (not his fault if it was sticking up), but when I dug it up and tried to replace it, neither a 1/2" dia. or 3/4" dia. thread seems to work. The 1/2" thread was obviously way too small, and the 3/4" (Rain Bird) looks right.... looks the same as the Nelson head that I dug up.. but it will NOT thread onto the hose buried below. I am new at this, so maybe I am missing some...