You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Thursday, March 10th 2005, 5:12am

Author: tizeye

RB 1804 sticking up

Of the 40+ 1804's I installed, three are trying to be lawnmower kill, not fully retracting at the end watering cycle. Spring appears to be good as I barely touch and they snap closed. Any suggestions. Totally disassemble and clean? Spray shaft with silicone or graphite? Currently just testing coverage and filling in the last trench today. This weekend will kill all vegitation with roundup, then till. In a couple od weeks will lay 18 pallets of sod and correctly set depth of rotors and pop-ups, r...

Thursday, January 6th 2005, 2:49am

Square and rectangle patterns

The 10H's actually makes sense. I don't care if there is a little water on the street, rolling back to edge - particurally when it is unmetered well water. Got graph paper and compass out and drew to scale to see what the model would look like. Compared 10' head to head spacing with the suggested 8' and 9' spacing. With 10' spacing, the overlapping arcs on the 9' wide section intersected right at the curb. On the narrower 8' section, the same overlapping arcs/curb occured with 11' spacing, but k...

Wednesday, January 5th 2005, 3:42pm

Pump/well output calculation

I figured out the answer, and made suggestion to JessStyrker for the "wet method" as it is buried im material that doesn't apply. The answer...since not using a pressure tank that 99% of the "wet method" is written for, filter that out and pay attention to a sentence inside section 5 and section 7. Near the pump output, install a pressure guage, then a shutoff valve. Partilly close the valve as desribed in section 7 and note the optimum PSI. Then do the 5 gal test.

Wednesday, January 5th 2005, 3:32pm

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Don't look forward to putting appox 30 heads along the street to become road kill. There is no raised curb, just a concrete edgeing to the asphalt, coupled with that property line bowing out for road curvature - but cars go straight beating down the grass at the edge. Would have been sweet if the 9x18 performed to standard.

Monday, January 3rd 2005, 1:27pm

Pump/well output calculation

After an aborted attempt, paid to have well put in. I told them I had most equiptment (pump, PSR, Controller, Rain sensor, wiring) and only needed dropping the well and 220 circuit to get everything running. They were estatic when they arrived and saw Hunter equiptment rather than HD/Lowes. Eyes bugged out when they saw what I paid through Sprinkler Warehouse as cheaper than their discount, so printed the web page for their followup. While they did neighbors and had good references, with my cons...

Monday, January 3rd 2005, 11:46am

After pump installed, had Rainbird, Toro, and Orbit 'recommend' a system. The plans helped me with the rotors coverage, but have concern about the pop-up coverage along the street and narrow side of house. Each developed a two circuits on the sidewalk to street section (8' wide front street section and 9' wide side street and 300 feet long) and used overlapping semicircles with heads along sidwalk and street. Toro got really creative on the 9' wide section, and almost what I was thinking, using ...

Monday, April 19th 2004, 5:18pm

Well Pump

This will be my second install, but first with pump/well. Starting from clean slate as need to put in well. Jess Styker's site is great, but everyone seems to start with after a working well is in. I grew up in construction (age 6 on..) so comfortable with advanced handywork repair, etc. With DIY, since I am doing the labor, I splurge and get better components. Well: Static water level is 6' below surface and broke through clay hardpan at 20'. Anybody use, or have opinions, Brady Bluetip Wellpoi...