You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Friday, July 6th 2012, 3:38pm

Author: topdog

how to replace control valve?

p.s. GatorGuy - My sprinkler guy recommends to never try to repair/rebuild an old contractor-grade valve; always replace with a current, quality-grade valve such as Irritol. A bit more work, he says, but considerably less potential frustration.

Friday, July 6th 2012, 3:22pm

Good answer, Gator. Thanks. Yes, I'm dealing with sch 40 in clay soil 14-15" deep, times 3. Thus, it sounds like my initial idea to dig most, if not all, the pipe from the valve to the first spklr head is "enough." Thanks too for the info on possible products that can be used on the output side of the valve that I can check out.

Friday, July 6th 2012, 1:01pm

OK. Dumb question - how much is "just enough"? Are there flex couplers that you can squeeze together, insert in the gap between the pvc pipes, then stretch out to attach/glue to the pipes?

Friday, July 6th 2012, 12:05pm

I need to replace 3 Toro valves (circa 1985 I think), each one buried in a different place, each one being plastic, inline, lateral orientation attached to 1" PVC about 14"-15" below grade. My sprinkler guy recommended Irritol 205S as he believes these are high quality valves which I plan on getting. My ques has to do with the actual installation of same. After cutting out each old valve, how do I insert the new valve - given that the pvc pipes have no "give." The only solution I can think of is...