You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 1:45am

Author: alibroth

Leaking Value or solenoid?

Hey thanks for the help everyone . I got it fixed by replacing the internals of the valve. I guess I stumped everyone on this one.

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 2:37am

Update: The cleaning of the valve made no difference. Still leaked. I then changed the solenoid. Again, still have the leak. I would sure prefer to fix this rather than cut out the old valve and install another. Any suggestions or ideas ??

Sunday, June 4th 2006, 8:12am

Update: Took everything apart and cleaned. Everything seems to be in good shape. While I'm waiting for the pipes to clear out and the sidewalk to dry (where the leak was) I'm gonna head to Home Depot to see if they sell valve kits even though mine seems fine. I'll give another update later in the afternoon. Compared my valve to the ones in the online store and cannot find a match. Probably due to age and models being updated over time.

Sunday, June 4th 2006, 5:53am

After reading many of the posts I've determined my leak is being caused by a bad solenoid and/or valve. I have a 10yo hunter system that has worked fine in all respects until this weeping head appeared last month. I have tightened the solenoid down this morning, but not too tight, and will wait to see if that makes a difference. If it is the valve, does anyone have any simple steps to follow in changing a valve out? I have changed out heads and done some simple pvc work but have not tackled this...

Wednesday, April 21st 2004, 4:08pm

Rotors will not rotate

Good evening sprinkler experts, Did some searches through this forum but did not find any clear answers. If my question is frequently asked and I missed your answers in my search please excuse. Here is my question/problem. Now that it is sprinkling time again I noticied that I have a couple of my Hunter PGP sprinkler heads stop rotating back and forth. These couple of heads pop up and spray fine but does not sweep back and forth. When the sprinkler shuts off, it retracts ok. I can turn the top p...