You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Monday, July 16th 2012, 10:06pm

Author: motivated1

Potato-patato

Well, when I was young and dumb I used Weather matic. Thats what the vendor (here in Weather Matic country ) pushed it upon me as the best thing since tp. I have not had much luck with Hunter and, I currently referr to the solarsync and the " solarstink" ! I can not get it to set up right and water properly. it either waters tooooo much or barely anything! I once had a weird problem with a hunter controller just coming on randomly. The newly installed remote port was picking up uhf from someone ...

Monday, July 16th 2012, 9:38pm

Toro valve leak

I dont remember the Toro model number valve but it was a 1" residential with flow control. It had 8 or so screws, two of which we're under the solenoid mount. At one residence I replaced 2. They tended to hairline crack when under pressure and weep. I was really frustrated for a bit but, it was a crack that would develop along the casting seam just below the seat.

Monday, July 16th 2012, 9:15pm

Rain Bird LIMRKIT

Does anyone have any experience with the Rainbird remote kit? I just bought one of these bad( expensive ) boys. I already carry ROAM but, am really not a fan of Hunter Prods. Was looking for something to improve service and convenience to customers altogether while promoting a quality product. Any takers? Thanks!

Monday, July 16th 2012, 9:03pm

W/m

Sounds like someone stepped into another W/m turd! With that unit first, you will be checking the battery every 6 months. The lithiumn battery does not hold up good to hot, even worse with extreme cold. If possable replace with the wired SlW-1 It has been a much more reliable unit.

Monday, July 16th 2012, 8:37pm

new contrloller in your near future

My $.02 is an Rainbird ESP with remote kit. Save you some time on maintenance visits.

Monday, July 16th 2012, 8:32pm

T-Boc

I have installed a few. Reliable, just be careful. Toggling thru the setup menue was a bit confusing.

Monday, July 16th 2012, 8:28pm

hee hee

LOL! Exactly, why not just install another low end r/fs? Hydro rain/ Orbit has a cheap-O one.

Monday, July 16th 2012, 8:09pm

wont turn off

carefully pull out the plunger and make sure there is not sand or some obstruction inside. I had this happen once( or 200 times i dunno) . I have rebuilt many a richdale/ Hardie etc with today's valves. Even some Homodepot can be rebuilt. Just replace the diaphragm/ seat, remove the solenoid plunger retainer, clean put grit inside solenoid so plunger can retract when actuated and try that.

Monday, July 16th 2012, 8:01pm

doesnt sound like a sensor problem...

sounds like a continuity problem. Have you checked resistance? Have you checked resistance between the valves at the controller? have you checked output from the controller? Before you pick up a shovel, pick up a meter bro/ sis w/e.

Monday, July 16th 2012, 7:57pm

aah hem

Is there a mastervalve inline?