You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Monday, April 26th 2004, 3:50am

Author: tkelly

Valve Lifetime

<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font size="2"></font id="size2">Thanks for the reply. What's driving me on this now is I have one valve which is leaking. I've gone through a thorough cleaning and it's still leaking. It's an old valve which doesn't have a bleed screw on it. I'm figuring that my next step is to replace the top (bonnet, solenoid, diaphragm). It's a huge hassle to replace the whole valve. And I figure if I'm doing one, why not replace all of them. Do you think just replacing t...

Sunday, April 25th 2004, 2:14pm

Author: tkelly

Valve Lifetime

<font size="2"></font id="size2"><font face="Arial">My sprinkler system is vintage 1992, featuring four zones in front year and five in back, each with a separate conroller box featuring RainBird DV100 valves. The system works pretty well. I had to replace one valve bonnet, solenoid and diaphragm about five years ago, but that's it. I have one leaky valve now which I am about to clean out. But ... I'm wondering if I'm about due to replace the valves or at least all the diaphragms. What's a reaso...