You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 10:54am

Author: teachandlearn

Remote garden watering

Our work is already cut out for us. This year we put down landscape cloth then planted into it. Dam near killed us doing it, but we haven't weeded once and going to the garden is never muddy. This hauling water bit seems to be out of the norm compared to the community gardens I've seen on Youtube. I'm planning this for next year, so I have time to research, buy bit pieces and test, play around. One reason I may pick barrels is there is a Uline shipping company a few miles from us, so we can take...

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 5:40pm

Solor irrigation

I think that might be a good idea, though solar may help with the power I still have the entire remote garden watering issue. I have considered using a 55 gallon drum and watering, though through the research so far, those that used them elevated the tank at least six feet. When we started the garden this year I considered using a 55 gallon drum and asked them, "my wife voted it down, though she is requesting it now". I asked at the park district and they said I could do it, "but, if they looked...

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 2:15pm

Just registered

teachandlearn just registered after posting. Will watch replies every day. hopefully the registration will forward future messages.