You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Thursday, August 16th 2012, 10:20am

Author: fweiss09

poured concrete and sprinkler is seeping up through the seems

To make things simple...regardless of the system, if I just dig around the perimeter of the slab and cut/reroute any line going under it, then none of the sprinkler heads beneath will ever have a water source and will never present a problem. Correct? Again, you have been most helpful. I greatly appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 11:18am

Could you explain these statements a little more? Quoted Without running the system long enough to cause undercutting you can't really tell without digging. What is undercutting? I assume you are referring to the slab here? Is it best to try to find ANY piping at all leading under the poured slab and reroute it? You are right, that is a lot of shovel work, but certainly necessary IMO to avoid another head leaking everytime the sprinkler comes on. How would I know if the 3rd line exposed is THE m...

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 10:38pm

I really appreciate the response. I've called for a concrete guy to come check it out on Friday. I'm debating getting a roofing guy to check for anything major there since anything done may or may not be good workmanship. And maybe its smart to get in an engineer now since all the water was collected in the southwest corner (obvious sloping going on). Question: There are 3 lines that were exposed earlier today. One each for zone 4 and 5, the other being the main line I assume. Is is safe to bypa...

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 1:21pm

additional info

It is a 6 zone sprinkler system and the back yard is covered by zone 4 and 5. When either of these two zones are in operation, the water will come up through the poured slab. Much thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 1:18pm

I recently extended my patio and was told that the previously installed sprinkler system would be capped and no problems would arise. Well, today I woke up to standing water on the patio and realized that the sprinkler system, when on, is leaking up through the seems in the cement. I called the guy who did the work and he said the guys must have only capped one of the two heads but the easy fix is to just bypass the line and go around the patio, reconnecting the line on the other side (hope that...